The deepening

The Belcher kids, Teddy and I were all sat down on the stools. Each of our eyes pointed up towards the small corner tv as well as a few other patrons who were in the restaurant.

Bob had put on an old movie I and a few others had seen back in the day.

For reference it was called "The deepening" it's basically about a robotic shark that eats people.

I remember watching it when it was first released on VHS, I kind of liked it. It was actually really dull and just filled with selective stuff or just plain out sex the most I did find entertaining was the death scenes and this one lifeguard from it.

I don't even know why I liked them, there was just something about them that just enchanted me.

"Oh wait- there's another scene I'm in!" Teddy pointed at the screen as my eyebrows shot up and I looked at Teddy.
"Wait you were in this?" I asked in a surprised tone as Teddy hummed and gazed down at me.
"Yeah- have I never told you this?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I played handsome lifeguard number 3- have I seriously never told you this?!" Teddy through up his eyes brows.
"No never!" I let my hands gently slam onto the counter as Teddy pointed up to the screen.
"Thats me when I was younger and had more hair and I was less..fat! I was a chick magnet back then! And a man magnet too- now I've lost my magnetic pull." Teddy frowned as I looked up the tv and felt my mouth gape.

The blonde lifeguard.

"Oh my god.." I muttered.
"What? Hard to believe that was me." He smirked and elbowed my arm playfully.
"No- I just realised I had the fattest crush on you." I kept my eyes to the screen as the scene switched.

"Wait Mort I didn't know you were gay." Bob chimed in as I shrugged.

"Technically I'm only half gay- I like men and I like women but if there's a cute guy around I won't be scared to shoot my shot." I explained as Bob hummed in response.
"So Teddy was that cute guy."
"Yeah was I?!" Teddy clung to the counter.
"Well honestly at first I thought it was a women with really hairy arms and smooth legs." I explained as they both just stared at me with furrowed brows.

"How could you think Teddy was a women? He doesn't even look like a women- no offence Teddy." Bob apologised.
"None taken Bobby." Teddy raised a hand then placed it back down on the counter.

"So you mistook me for a women?" He deadpanned as I sighed crossing my arms.

"Well I did only see your backside plus you know how shows are now a days! They're changing and becoming more flexible with certain things!"
"So I kind of thought they were just letting a women wear what she wants but the more I watched the movie I slowly realised that it wasn't a women and that it was a man.." I let my face straighten out into a blank expression.

"Were you disappointed?" Teddy asked as I stared up at the screen for a moment.
"Well not exactly. It did teach me something about myself and I continued to watch the movie normally." I shrugged.

"Are you disappointed with how I turned out?" Teddy asked shyly as I leaned back slightly looking at him.
"Of course not! You still look the same to me, you're just got hairier and got a little more cushion that's all! I'm happy I got to meet a movie star and well I'm happy to be his friend." I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly as Teddy grinned.
"Aww come here you!" Teddy stood up wrapping his arms around me lifting me up from my stool happily. I squirmed in his bear hug but gave up after a couple minutes and just let my arms hover over his shoulders giving him a little back rub to contribute to the hug.