Sigh

I sat back in my chair, letting the sun that snuck in through my blinds, beaming off my face. The feeling of warmth hugging my cheeks, kissing my forehead.
It was all bliss.

The morning silence was always so golden, I loved indulging in it whenever I could.

Just me, the birds and the passing cars.
Sneaking a coffee was a delight too.
I was enamoured with it all, but with silence there's always glass to shatter. Metaphorically speaking that is.

A sigh erupted from the hallway and I could only guess who it could be, the ghosts of passing, a magic broom sweeping the floors, Cookie the little beige cat that somehow managed to sneak her way in here or Teddy my beloved.

He walked in with slouched posture, his shirt untucked from his belted pants and his hat resting on the top of his shoulder.

I frowned slightly amused at his appearance but welcomed him with open arms to which he curled up on the couch beside me as I cuddle him.

"What's up Theo?" I asked as he grumbled and I nodded knowingly.
"Tired?" I cooed as his grumbling lightened.
"Want me to fix you up a cup of coffee?" I asked as he nodded.
"Need me to fix you up?" I offered as he hummed thinking about it for a moment before shaking his head.

"Alright then, I'll be a second." I kissed his forehead before making my way to the kitchen to make Teddy a cup of Joe.

I soon returned to find him sitting up in my spot, all fixed up. His shirt tucked into his pants, his hat happily nestled on the top of his head, his posture less hunchbacked and a smile poking up on his face.

I walked towards him handing him his coffee as I sat down in his original spot.

I could feel Teddy's free hand wrap around my shoulder, letting me rest against his.

I let myself sigh, much more content as the silence retreated back. The golden time being now, snuggled to my other, the smell of coffee, the birds chirping and the every so often cars passing.

________________________
{Authors note}

I'm so sorry for the very late chapter! But I hope this appeases the wait! <3