Bedtime

I sat in Morts bed with a book in hand reading up on a 'DIY FOR DUMMIES' I thought the book was for comedic purposes but it actually teaches you a lot of things about DIY some I didn't even know about but in a sort of condescending way.

The book dumbs it down for the reader.

It would be like 'and then you take your hammer-' followed by an image or demonstration 'and hit the nail gently into the wall.'

I mean maybe it is funny but I just don't get it or understand the comedy behind it.

Mort soon followed into the room after just brushing his teeth from his en-suite.

"Have a nice brush Mort?" I asked keeping my focus on the book as he hummed in response sitting down on his side of the bed letting himself stretch before taking off his glasses and getting under the sheets.

I thought about putting away my book for a second before actually doing it, creasing a corner to remember what page I was on before setting it on the nightstand beside me.

"You don't have to put your book away yet." Mort yawned leaning back against the back board of the bed.

"I only put it away because I thought you were going to sleep." I looked at him as he looked like he was about to drift off.
"Aren't you going to take your wig off?" I asked as his eyes shot open just gazing up at the ceiling.
He gulped.

"Uhh eventually but I was..just about to try and find something on the tv." He nodded fumbling around before picking up the remote from his bedside table.
"With your glasses off?" I questioned further as he mumbled a 'yep.'

"How're you going to see what you're looking for?" He rolled his eyes and kept them on the screen.

"Don't worry about it I'll know..I'll know when I hear it." Mort clicked his tongue. I frowned a little but I didn't push any further, I didn't want to make this into a bigger issue than it had to be.

I just shuffled down further into the sheets turning onto my side and let my eyes shut.

"You gonna take off your hat?" Mort asked as I grumbled softly but kept my eyes shut trying to remember my therapists wise words.

"Eventually I was just about to try and find something on the tv." I used his own words against him, which quite frankly didn't make entire sense unless I was talking about my brain projecting mini movies for just me.

He scoffed at my remark and just turned off the tv.

"Fine be that way." He huffed as I sat up.
"Be what way? You're the one making a big deal out of taking your wig off." I stated trying to stay calm but I could feel my chest strain like I was using all my might to hold back a strong beast.

"I am not making a big deal out of it." Mort frowned.

"Yes you are, you do this every night! I ask if you're gonna take your wig off, you tell me not yet because you have to check something on the tv, I shrug it off and lie down while you wait till I'm asleep and then take it off! Like I don't know your bald under there!" I huffed as Morts mouth hung agape.

He just stared at me with a dumb expression before pursing his lips together.

"Well you're no treat either, it's not like you take off your hat! It's always glued to your head! Your big stupid head!"Mort tried to retaliate back and I gasped.

I was at a loss for words.

Morts never called me anything in his life.
Only Helen has insulted me before on multiple occasions including Bob but he doesn't entirely count since we're best friends and I know he doesn't mean it...all the time...most of the time.

I keep my mouth shut and stand grabbing my pillow as Mort watched with tense brows.

I walked towards the bedroom door and exit walking down the hallway to the living room to set up a makeshift bed on the couch.

{Time skip}

I sighed staring up at the ceiling.
Sleep was beneath me now.

Plus I was cold because I forgot to grab a blanket on my way out and I couldn't be bothered going back in to grab one.

I bet he'd like that.
To think I'd crawl back into that name callers room just for a blanket.
Well I can tough it out.
I can tough it out all night long.

I sighed turning onto my side facing the backing of the couch cuddling myself for warmth.

I soon heard the door to the living room squeaking open, I swear to god if it isn't the ghost of my dear dead Francis then I don't want to know who it is.

I heard footsteps stop dead behind me.

Then it was just silence followed by a soft item being placed over my body.

"I'm sorry I called your head big and stupid, it isn't at all..it's a nice shape" mort muttered gently caressing my hatted head before giving it a gentle peck.

I internally wailed.
'He likes my head!'

"I like your head too Mort." I muttered back to him turning over to look at his face.
I could make out that he was smiling in the dark.
I held out my arms as Mort crawled on top of me, I cuddled him as we shared a kiss.

"Wanna rip off our shame like a bandaid in the bedroom?" I asked as Mort grumbled and took a moment to think about it.

"We don't have to turn on the light when we do it do we?" He questioned.
"Not if you don't want to." I responded as we sat up.

"Thank you." He cooed with a smile as we both stood up and made our way back to the bedroom to reveal our bald heads to each other in the dark.