Chapter 18

June, 2022

"Lisa what do you mean you aren't going to do it?" Jisoo looked up from her phone she had been scrolling through and studies her wife as she paces in front of her. "That doesn't make any sense, are you sure she-" Rosé stops pacing and listens to whatever Lisa is saying in her ear. "Okay, calm down you need to tell her that you don't agree with that, you bought a five thousand dollar ring for crying out loud." Rosé's hand swings out to her side as if to emphasis how massive of a decision that was, even though Lisa can't see her.

"She bought a what!?" Jisoo interjects but Rosé only glances at her, still focused on Lisa.

"No Lisa, please don't do this. I know your scared but-"

"Rosé what's happening?" Jisoo sets her phone aside and sits up on the couch, pulling her leg from where she had it resting up on the couch and setting it on the floor to move to stand up.

Rosé just holds her finger up to Jisoo to emphasis that she'll answer her questions in a moment. "Lisa don't give up, that's your give up tone." Rosé shakes her head. "Lis," Rosé sighs. "Okay. Alright, please call me later. Okay, bye." Jisoo stands just as Rosé ends the phone call and pushes her phone back into her pocket.

"What's wrong with Lisa?" Jisoo asks with creasing eyebrows. Her curiosity peaked to the max.

"She was going to propose to Jennie but Jennie for some reason-" Rosé breaks off from her sentence, looking at Jisoo so confused. "Of all the people I thought to say something like that, it wasn't Jennie."

"What did Jennie say?"

Rosé looks incredibly stressed out. "They're just having fun? Since when does Jennie "just have fun?"" Rosé air quotes and Jisoo studies her wife a moment.

She looks down sheepishly. "That might be my fault." She tone is mumbled as her fingers move to intertwine with each other and fiddle together like she's a little kid in trouble.

"How is it your fault?" Jisoo asks carefully.

Jisoo doesn't look up at her. "I told her to give Lisa more time and to not pressure her."

Rosé doesn't say anything for a moment and when Jisoo looks up to see what she's thinking she seems to be trying to make sense of her words. "What... why?"

"Because Jennie heard Lisa tell you she wasn't in love and Jennie was so stressed out and I thought Lisa was just scared... I didn't know she bought a fucking ring." Jisoo threw her own hands apart, as her voice went higher slightly. If she had known Lisa was going to propose, she would have told Jennie something else.

"I have no idea why I'm married to you, I want a divorce." Rosé expresses dramatically, rolling her eyes as she brushes a hand through her hair.

"We can still fix this." Jisoo says determinedly.

"How?"

"We just have to convince Lisa to do it anyway. Jennie will be surprised and so happy and she'll say yes." Jisoo predicts, plan set up in her mind.

"Lisa's not going to do it if she thinks Jennie doesn't want her in a serious context."

"We just have to convince her to do it anyway, and get her to believe that Jennie was lying because she was."

"We tell her what you did then?"

"Hell no, I don't need the Lisa wrath, that lasted for two years last time she was mad at me."

"Did not last for two years."

"Did too."

"If we don't tell her what you did how is she supposed to know that Jennie is lying?"