Qi Xiaotian!

Wukong stood there having no clue what to do.

Was he supposed to jump in?? Do some magic spell? Was there another secret entrance way?

Sun Wukong was stuck. He didnt know how to get inside the Water-Curtain cave.

He looked at a monkey who came up to him and sat near his leg,
"You wouldn't happen to know how to get inside would you?" He asked sarcasticly.

The monkey only chirped before running away back into the forest.

"Jeez, thanks for the help," Wukong grumbled.

Wukong hopped onto one of the rocks in the water. Trying his best not to fall in, he contimued to hop closer and closer until he was directly infront of the waterfall. He could feel water droplets dropping onto his fur.

He took a deep breath and was very enchanted by the waterfall. How it was running harshly but you could easily see your reflection shining off it.

He reached out towards the water, about to touch it and run his hands through but instead of being greeted by the cold sensation of water, a gold glow came.

Wukong was surprised and fell back in shock. His fur and clothes getting wet from the water he fell in.

He looked up and noticed that the waterfall started to split open, allowing an entrance for the monkey.

Slowly, he got up and stood. Hesitant to walk in, but did so anyways.

For a cave, and though being wet, it was pretty warm. There was strangely a glow that lit up the entire cave but there was no sunlight or anuthing.

He walked around and cupped his face to create a some-what megaphone,
"Hello?" His voice echoed throughout the entire cave. Whoever was inside surely had to hear him but no response was given.

Wukong walked deeper into the cave. He was mesmerized by the single fruit tree. Of course there were more outside, but this one seemed much different.
It seemed to shine its own light in the cave.

The fruits looked ripe for picking which made Wukong drool. He wanted to taste one. But this was where his idol lived!! He couldnt do that!!

Wukong shook his head to resist the delicious looking fruits on the tree. He looked around to cease his attention on it.

Good thing he did or else he would've missed a bridge leading to a cabin in a seperate but still connected cave.

He walked closer but was stopped by a familiar bird. It was the off-colored bird from earlier!!

Wukong gasped and pointed at it,
"YOU!!!" He yelled.

That yell surely shook the cave but didnt shock the bird. Instead it looked smug??

"Hello!" The bird chirped.

Wukong shrieked and took a step back which just made him stumble and fall.

"Yes yes! It is I! The cursed-"

Wukong grabbed a stick nearby and swung it at the bird with pure instinct and reflex. He didnt even let the bird finish it's weird speech and what-not.

"Oh my god I just killed a bird." Wukong muttered as he stared at the dead looking bird.

He poked at it with the stick he swung with. Nose scrunching as he watched it not move.

But suddenly, a bright golden glow came from it and its shape morphed. It turned into a rock like object and bursted into a tiger then formed into a bear. For the final transformation, it turned into the said legend, Qi Xiaotian.

"THE CURSED IMMORTAL?!" Wukong exclaimed, mouth hanging wide open.

"Hah! The one and only!" The said cursed immortal chuckled.
"So, d'ya know where my staff is?" He asked.

The monkey infront of him continued to have his mouth hang right open.

"Uhhh- bud?-"

"I AM VERY SORRY-" Wukong exclaimed. He had explained the whole Redson fiasco before stopping himself.

"Wait. YOU WERE THERE THE WHOLE TIME!!" Wukong gasped in realization.

"Oo, took less time to realize than I though. Hmph, good for you!" Qi Xiaotian praised.

"WHY WERE YOU ONLY WATCHING WHEN YOU COULD'VE STOPPED THEM?!"

"Uh, because I know the future?"

"YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE?" Wukong gasped again.

"No." Qi Xiaotian deadpanned.

Wukong grumbled to himself before yelling at the immortal again,
"But why didnt you stop Red- guy!-"

"Because that guy is a pain to deal with," they explained briefly
"I'm also retired." They added.

"THEN WHO'S GONNA STOP THE DEMON BULL FAMILY?!"

"You of course!" He chirped in response.

"What." Wukong deadpanned.

"You're gonna be... MY SUCCESSOR!" Qi Xiaotian yelled and very much exaggerated the last two words.

"What." Wukong deadpanned again.

"Yeah, a big deal, no need to-"

Wukong started poking a prodding at the cursed immortal,
"Are you sure you're the cursed immortal, Qi Xiaotian?" He asked, scurrying all over his body to check if he was real or not.

Qi Xiaotian grabbed him by his scruff and picked him up with ease. For a small monkey, he was quite heavy and he knew this. Wukong stopped prodding immediately and "eeped".

"Listen kid, if Red hasnt killed you yet, there's two reasons. One, he was too weak to or two, you're worthy to be given mercy by his hand. And trust me, he doesnt give mercy like its candy." The immortal said.

Wukong continued to listened as the immortal continued to talk, not really knowing what to comment.

"You've met Red twice and he didnt kill you the second time which meannnnnssss?" They waited for Wukong to answer his sentence.

"Um- it means- to uh-"

"It means you're worthy of something in his eyes." Qi Xiaotian finished their own sentence.

"And in mine? You can be worthy of more." He added.

Wukong felt something in his chest, like bubbles popping simultaneously but in a good way. His idol just said he could be worthy of so much for Buddha's sake!!

Wukong didnt realize the big smile that grew on his face and apparently it was contagious because Qi Xiaotian started smiling as well. Not as big as Wukong's though of course, but still big.

The immortal placed Wukong down and placed his hands on their hips,
"Redboy took my staff right? So why dont you take it back!" They cheered.

"Yes sir!" Wukong did a silly salut with his tail and ran out.

"Hey kid!" Qi Xiaotian called out before Wukong jumped out of the water fall.
"Catch!"

Qi Xiaotian threw a thin but well made vase to the monkey who almost dropped it but managed to catch it with his tail.

"Whats this?" Wukong asked.

"Something in case all goes wrong with Red, but its only a last resort, got it?"

"Mhm!" Wukong did another silly salut and jumped into the water fall, and fell to the other side.

The immortal sighs as he no longer sees the monkey that was once in his cave. He turns and summons his cloud, Nimbus, to relax on it.
"Lets hope Red doesnt burn him to a crisp.." Qi Xiaotian mutters to himself.

1167 words