Up in Flames

Redson had stepped out to hear manic cackling and felt a gust of wind against his face. He looked up to see his mother being the cause of it all. So much for the 'walk' she was going on.

"Mother!" He called out.

She didnt notice or hear him, too busy with causing chaos and such.

Redson huffed and flew up towards her.
"Mother!" He called again.

That got her attention. She turned and gave a gentle smile, of course it was hiding her malicious intent.
"Ah, Redson! You're just in time!" She grinned.

Redson gave an annoyed huff again,
"In time for what exactly?" He asked.

Princess Iron Fan gestured behind her and Redson took a peek. There was a bunch of destruction in the city. But what caught his attention was the van that had a smiling pig with a chef's hat zooming in their direction. With closer inspection, there was the same pig driving the van and a man with twin buns in the passenger.

"Oh, those peasants came for revenge?" A smile appeared on his face, it was similar to his mother's.

"Peasants versus a king... its hilarious." Princess Iron Fan chuckled at the thought.

She was about to send another wave of wind with her fan before Redson placed his hand in front of her to stop,
"Let me try," he sneered.

Redson placed his finger and made it point directly at them. He took a deep breath and a beam-like laser shot out towards the gang.

Inches away from hitting them, a hover bike came out of nowhere, blocking the laser. Though it exploded instead.

The gang screamed as they swerved, trying not to explode as well. The explosion ended up popping a tire and they were forced out.
"Ugh!" Pigsy groaned as he kicked the van.

"Hang on Pigs'! I can fix it!" The water spirit said as he hopped out.

He took one look before scrunching his face. There was much more damage than just a popped tire.

"WAIT!" Nez Ha pointed out some rubble from the explosion starting to move. Pigsy was about to whack it with a spoon before out came a familiar golden-furred monkey.

"Hi guys!-" Wukong said before he was crushed into a hug from Pigsy.

"Kid!!" Pigsy wept.
"Thought I lost ya!!"

Wukong only smiled, trying his best to hug back as the air was squeezed out of his tiny body.

The happy moment didnt last long before another laser beam from Redson hit and missed purposefully, causing the concrete underneath to quake and crack.

It broke underneath them. They had falled into the sewers below and heard a bellow of manic laughter. It turned dark as the sewage water drifted them away. Not even an ounce of skylight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gang woke up to Tang screaming at the unknown mush on him. Everyone else was half wet and propped onto rocks.

They were still in the sewers but there was a campfire keeping them warm.

Even though the light of the campfire was bright, it wasnt bright enough to light up- wherever they were-
It was dark and definitely damp.

They group began to argue and panic, mostly Tang was the one panicking. Bicker after bicker, Wukong felt, off. Maybe it was thanks to his animal instincts but Wukong felt a pair of eyes on them. Especially himself.

He whipped his head around to only see darkness, squinting his eyes to try to see better. He could almost form a face, but maybe it was just the shadows playing tricks.