ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 01: ᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴʟᴇss

Rena's POV

I wasn't really feeling like getting up and around, but I needed to get ready for today. I was going out to do some things today with Addison and Lane. I guess we were going to get around, and then we were going to a concert at seven o'clock. I didn't know the band at all, but I guess it wasn't going to hurt to try out a new band. They were in the genre I mainly listened to, so I guess that was a start.

"Rena! It's already five! " Lane's voice echoed throughout the apartment that I was confident enough to call my home. Fuck. I guess I fell asleep watching Good Mourning.

I bolted down the stairs. "What did I miss? Did I hold up anything? " I questioned "Nah, we just went to the movies, went to Hot Topic, simple stuff." He replied dryly. I watched as Addison might as well have flown through the door and laughed. "You gotta get ready for the MIW concert!" She whined at me as I poked around. "No shit." I retorted.

We went upstairs, and I sat down on the edge of my bed as Addison dug through my closet to find something that would work for the concert. She threw a thin black long-sleeved shirt and some matching leggings at me. I watched as she searched for some boots to go with it.

"Wait, grab my new ones!" I yelled at her. She quickly threw them at me. I had received them from my brother, Mike, a month ago and this would be my first time wearing them. I quickly put everything but the boots on and sat down so Addison could straighten my hair and do my makeup.

A good thirty minutes later, she was doing my makeup. I laughed as her brown hair kept falling in my face. "Ok, so when we get there, their vocalist is Chris, then their rhythm guitar player is Ricky, their lead guitar player is Ryan, their drummer is Vinny, and their bassist is Justin." She explained it to me as she did my eyeshadow. "Ok." I said, keeping my sentence short.

"And for the last fucking time, STAY OUT OF MOSHPITS WITH THE FUCKING BOOTS ON!" she yelled at me. I laughed at how loud she was. "Fuck! At this rate, we're going to be late! " I yelled, looking at the time. I pulled my boots on and ran downstairs, grabbing my sunglasses for the ride there.

When we arrived, we were in the second row within ten minutes. I watched the stage eagerly as the band came out. I suddenly felt my jaw open slightly as a tall, blonde man who looked to be in his mid thirties came out and onto the stage. "Fuck Yes! Thoughts and Prayers! " Addison screamed beside me.

After about three songs playing non-stop, Chris finally spoke something besides lyrics, "So how are we feeling tonight?" He asked, and the crowd roared much louder than he spoke. "Sing it if you know it; this one's called "Masterpiece!" He yelled into the microphone.

The show was finally over. I'd have to admit they kicked fucking ass. The show had ended forty minutes ago. I was just hanging out at the venue bar talking to random people when I heard a familiar voice behind me, "Hey." A voice I recognized to be Chris spoke from behind me. "Oh, hi." I replied a little uneasy and to my surprise, a well-known celebrity was talking to me of all people. I picked up my vodka again, waiting for him to leave; he didn't. "Y'all kicked fucking ass up there." I spoke up, breaking the silence. "Thank you, that's good to hear." He smiled. "Well, I better get going with my friends." I laughed nervously.

"Can I see your phone?" He asked kindly. I don't know why, but I gave him my phone. I received it back within sixty seconds. He had entered his contact information through my contacts and left. I went over to Addison and Lane. "You okay?" Lane questioned me curiously. "Yeah, can we go? It's getting cold. " I lied, trying to shake off the uncomfortable feeling I had.

I was dropped off at my home rather quickly, but I wasn't complaining. When I got in bed, I automatically knew I'd need to look a little more into Chris and see if I could find anything. All of a sudden, my phone went off. I picked it up to see that it read 'Chris'. I hesitated before answering. "Chris? "It's four A.M., "I questioned, frowning. "Fuck you should get to sleep. I didn't think about that." "Real quick, what's your name?" I froze, and before I could even think about it, my mouth had other ideas. "Rena, Rena, Jannis." My eyes instantly grew wide at my words. Was the last name necessary?