ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10: ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

A/N: Sorry, I didn't proofread this. You have been warned.

† You're made of ice, I pay the price for all of your unforgiveness † 

Rena's POV

Chris stayed seated in the white plastic seat I as  remained standing beside the hospital bed Remington was in. He'd hopefully be discharged tomorrow and I had insisted we stayed until he got discharged. Rem lightly laughed as a shit ton of people walked in, followed by a tiny burnette nurse that seemed troubled. The group consisted of Seb, Shy, Talitha, Justin, Rick, Vin, Shae, Jaime, Larrisa, Ryan, Em, Lane, Addison, Chris (Greatti), Andrew, and surprisingly, Stephanie; Rem, Seb, and Em's mom.

I smiled and hugged Lane and Addie, I assumed Rick had gotten them to come for me; not Rem. They didn't even know Rem that well at all. They only had exchanged hi's once or twice. Before the nurse could say only so many people were aloud in here, Chris sent her a death glare; that was telling her not to. I watched as the intimidating man I called my boyfriend, basically made the nurse go scurry off.

Chris had immediately tensed for some reason when two cops came in, one of them cocking a eyebrow once he saw the large amount of people. "We're just in here to ask a few questions." The brown haired man stated. "Then ask." Rem snapped at the two men. 

"Did you see-" 

"No." Rem cut them off quickly

The blonde sighed heavily.

"Did anyone else-"

"No." Chris, Rem, and I stated.

After a while, the cops left and so did the rest. Now, we were getting lectured about visiting hours ending. So we  ended up being forced to leave. As soon as we got back Chris pinned me to the wall at the entryway, kissing and biting my neck. I was quick to undo every single button on the thin, white, button down shirt he had on.

I woke up and sat up in the bed, quickly realizing that absolutely everything hurt. I then heard a knock on the door. I slapped Chris awake and quickly slipped on a thin, black robe. It wasn't thin enough for anything to be seen so I knew Chris would be fine with me wearing it. I rushed to the door and opened it, not even taking the time to make sure the house was cleaned well. 

 I smiled when I saw that it was only Ricky. I let him in and furrowed my eyebrows at his widened eyes. I looked behind me to see yesterday's clothes were near the center of the floor, closer to the wall though.

"So how are you?" I asked nervously, grabbing the scattered clothes and throwing them at a shirtless Chris, who had just came out of the bedroom. He tossed them in the laundry room nd went to go make coffee. "I'm fine" Rick spoke in a rather amused tone after an awkward pause. I looked over at Ricky, and offered a less awkward smile. 

"Wanna sit down?" I asked gesturing to the black couch. "Nah, just was wondering if you wanna tag along while picking Rem up." He explained. "Fuck yeah!" I squealed. I told him that I was going to get ready and went into our bedroom.

Chris's POV

I was now contemplating on if I should tell anyone who shot Rem. It had been Nate's brother; Eric. He knew I loved Rena, and she cared about Rem. He took the opportunity of hurting us like I hurt him. I was seeing red when I pulled the trigger; I messed up and now Rem was paying the price for my fucking mistake. I let out a long breath as Rick and Rena left. Then again I did what needed to be done. Nate was a monster as was his brother, they had been planning what they did to Aerial for a whole year. I got rid of one of them.

I whirled around at the sound of the door opening, seeing it was only Emerson, I calmed down. He had a more medium-sized dog with him. That must be Ellie, a new dog Rem got that I heard about. I went over to the marble island in the middle of the kitchen. I grabbed my phone to see three missed calls from Lauren. I sighed and slid my phone into my back pocket and waited for Ricky and Rena to get back.

Em and I bursted out into laughter as Rena and Rick came in, dragging Rem by the ankles. He was wearing a fucking cow costume. I laughed as he went into a guest room to try to get changed imto somethings else. "What the hell?" Emerson said between laughs. I was starting to calm down. "We forgot to bring him clothes and that's all we could find in his size." Ricky said snickering.

I cocked an eyebrow as Rem came out wearing a white skirt he had left here. He looked pissed. Rena through up her hands in defense. "It was his fucking idea!" She pointed to Ricky, who explained they had been forced to find something at Dollar General and that had been it. This whole argument was fucking priceless. I laughed again as Remington leaped on top of Ricky, pinning him down with his legs and tickling him with his hands. This caused Rick to laugh even harder. You see, this is how full grown adults act on a daily basis. 

Remington's POV

I laid down thinking about what Chris had told me. So I had to pay the price for something he did? That hurt. And I mean the bullet, not him doing what he did. Now, I get you can't forgive someone for something like that but don't murder them. Take their life. What about their family? Their friends? He doesn't deserve Rena, let alone anyone. 

I woke up to hear Em throwing up. Don't drink in the morning bud. I walked into the living room to see Glass everywhere. Fucking everywhere. I then heard a rabid goat scream. Oh, that was Emerson. I went to see what was wrong "Sorry, Shy just scared me" He explained.

A/N: Srry this was so short. And to this "mystery" person lol, I understand your predicament, I practically sneak on half the websites I'm on 😂. So.....comment what u guys think'll happen in the next chapter.