vending machine of love (jikook)

content warning: tentacles, ovipositor (egg clutch deposited), slight breeding, brief aggressive possessiveness
jimin is referred to as it/its/itself here. i don't really know why but i did it on accident and it stuck

jungkook slammed the diner's door shut and locked it after. it was well past the time that he was supposed to be leaving, but his manager insisted that he stayed later to clean out the storage and scrub the entire building squeaky clean.

his eyes were heavy and his back was killing him. he felt a knot forming in his upper left shoulder. what made his labor even worse was that he had done it all by himself. his work buddy had left early for the day because they had felt sick, two employees had quit the day before, and he couldn't possibly ask the nice old lady who had helped him out so many times previously. he knew how bad her back had been recently and he'd hate to burden her.

plus, he needed the money. any extra money was worth breaking his neck over, since he lived in a grimy apartment that was slowly becoming harder and harder to keep up with.

the summer heat was another thing. to cut down on after hour prices, he couldn't turn on the AC while he was sweating buckets. he was hot and tired and goddamn thirsty. he was tempted to just grab a drink before he left, but that would be something that he'd have to pay for, and he didn't have the money, employee discount subtracted or not.

he'd been trudging along the alleys that took him with sweat slicked up on his neck and forehead. his hair stuck uncomfortably to it and added to the further humiliation of having to walk a mile home at two o'clock in the morning with the blistering air melting his skin off.

furthermore, his tongue was beginning to feel like a rock in his mouth. it was dry and heavy behind his teeth and jungkook felt his throat becoming just as parched.

"dammit," he whispered, and fastened his pace. he'd have to hurry home if he had any intention of being able to talk again. it was unlikely for any stores to be open at this time and jungkook wasn't willing to walk the extra half a mile to get to one.

in the distance was a bright, neon scarlet illumination that cascaded on the surrounding buildings. jungkook raised an eyebrow and trotted to it. he nearly cried out in relief. it was a vending machine.

in an odd spot, he would admit, and he'd never seen it before, but he was grateful nonetheless.

the scarlet beams were from the LED bubble letters over the machine.

"vending machine of love?" jungkook read aloud. "weird." he tutted and looked at the display window. inside were six, various flavors.

the cans were quite large, and jungkook was smacking his dry mouth already. there was strawberry milk, milk tea, lemon-lime soda, peach-mango coconut water, honeycomb and melon soda, and black tea. each had their own coordinated color and their own odd illustrations. for instance, the strawberry milk had a pair of horns and a collar with a bell drawn on an illustration of a strawberry. the lemon-lime soft drink oddly had a drawing of a lemon being bitten into by a pair of fangs.

jungkook didn't think about any of the other ones because his tongue began to crack from how dry it was. he slid a coin into the slot and pressed the buttons that would give him the dark blue can, the milk tea.

when it dropped to the bottom of the machine, he grabbed it fast and cracked the tab open. a sudden blast of cool wind whooshed through his hair and he sighed sweetly. it felt so good. he then pressed the can to his lips and guzzled a quarter of the can down. he hummed at the refreshing flavor and hopped away. something foreign touched his lips and he spat whatever it was into his hand.