XVIII. Succeed

The kiss was intensifying by the second

The kiss was intensifying by the second. Theo had pulled her as close as possible to him by taking her by the waist and Lena had passed her hands over the boy's neck, running them through his hair from time to time.

That looked like heaven.

Neither of them separated until the air was needed in their lungs.

The two looked at each other without saying a word, they wanted to talk at the same time but they heard the front door open so they shut up and looked at the ground uncomfortably.

-Hello- Lydia said.

-I was just leaving- Theo spoke quickly- Later.
He stayed for a few seconds making eye contact with Lena, but finally he cleared his throat and left.

The girl nervously bit her lower lip and sat back in the chair, her eyes lost.

-What's happening? Lydia asked, sitting down next to her.

-I kissed him- she said in an almost inaudible whisper.

Lydia widened her eyes in surprise, not expecting that.

-What have you done?

-I...I just wanted to kiss him...

-Lena, do you like Theo? 

-What? Don't be silly. A few days ago I thought he was hiding a murder. No. How am I going to like it? she muttered to herself.

-That is the love- she explained slowly.- It comes to you at such a strange and unexpected moment that...you don't realize it.

-It sounds like you speak from experience.

-Do not change the topic

- I don't feel 'love'. -clarified the blondie -But I don't know what to do now.

-Do you regret having kissed him?

-No. She responded by laying her face on the table and hiding it in her arms.

-Then talk to him.

-Ha. No, thanks. I don't want to make things awkward. For example, with Isaac we didn't have to talk at all.

-Because he didn't let you talk about it.

Sarah Martin had dated a young man some time ago. But the boy realized that he did not love her; and instead of telling her, when the person he truly loved died, he broke up with Sarah and left.

-Theo has been helping us a lot and he cares about you. You have returned the kiss. Who knows what will happen?

-Nothing will happen because I don't like it.

-And then why did you kiss him if you don't like him so much?- She tried to make her think. So Sarah didn't know how to answer that with certainty.