Chapter Ten: Power of the Gods

10. Power of the Gods

10-13-2022

-----

"So, even with the creation of iron, you'd still consider joining Tsukasa?"

You had crossed your arms in annoyance as you were still discussing with Senku and the mentalist, Asagiri Gen. Chrome and the others were still making more iron, and ended up making at least two more.

"Of course! There are pros and cons to both groups! Tsukasa-chan versus Senku-chan, which would benefit me more?" He offered both sides, "Science's crazy items and ramen are great, but the work you have to put into making those things are something to consider! But with Tsukasa-chan, the work is easy and I can have my dream harem with revived idols! Truly, which would you prefer?"

You then saw Suika listening in on your conversation. She asked, "What's a harem?"

"Uh...I think it's better off with kids not knowing yet~" Gen replied carefully.

She happily stated, "Suika thinks she prefers ramen!"

The man smirked, "Ramen is great too...man, this is tough. I'm still leaning towards Tsukasa-chan though~"

Kohaku then held two knives up against his face, scaring him. "Your name was Asagiri Gen, right? Well, a selfish, flimsy, thin-willed, worthless man like you... I think I'm better off killing you, and at the least, locking you up."

"If Gen doesn't return to Tsukasa, he will think something is wrong and will come check on him himself," you told the blonde girl. She understood what you had meant by that.

"Heh, don't worry. Once you see what we make with our new material, iron, you'll ten billion percent want to join the kingdom of science," Senku told him with a smirk.

"Oh? And what will that be? A katana or something? Seems like dear (Y/N)-chan here would be fully equipped if she had one, putting you at the advantage," said Gen.

"Ah, it would be so nice to have one," you mentioned.

The scientist chuckled. "Oh, she definitely would. But we're making a generator."

The mentalist froze in place. He couldn't believe what he had heard.

"H-Here?! In the stone world?! That's impossible!" Gen sputtered out, sweat running down his temples.

Senku had ignored him and climbed up the warehouse to get more supplies, in which he had found copper within Chrome's stash. It would be needed to be melted down to create a wire.

"Hmm, after making the wire, we just need some lightning to come..." said Senku, his hand against his chin as he was thinking.

You, and everybody around you, then jumped as you heard the sound of lightning crashing down nearby. The villagers that were pumping air had run away, fearing that the sky was angry. You looked at Senku, who was the most shocked out of everybody.

"What a coincidence," you mentioned.

"We're seriously lucky!" Chrome exclaimed happily.

Kohaku grinned. "Well, it is lightning season, after all."

"We're not lucky! This is the complete opposite of lucky!" cried Senku in a panic. "We're not even a millimeter ready!"

Gen spoke up, "Don't tell me you're making a lightning generator."

"That doesn't exist, Gen," you informed him, and he shrugged.

Senku spoke as he was grabbing all the copper from Chrome's stash of items, "If we had a magnet, we can make a dynamo...a power generator. The magnets we have now aren't powerful enough. So, with science, we'll have lightning strike an iron bar and create our own high powered magnet! We have to work at lightning speed!"