Nine

Amahiko disguised himself as one of the examinees, trying to get eyes on the Ninth, only for hands to grab and yank him into a broom closet. 

"Buy me a drink first." He was barely able to say before capture weapon wrapped around his entire body below his nose. 

"Why are you here?" Aizawa hissed, looking like he hadn't had caffeine since last week. 

Amahiko waited until the bindings had loosened. "So this is U.A. Snazzy pla- ow, ow, ow, ow, can't breath." 

Shouta glared. 

"Fine. Remember the second time we met and you accused me of being a supervillain and I told you said supervillain hates me because I broke his brother out of supermax and helped him develop his quirk?" 

Shouta nodded. 

"Well, the brother's quirk could be passed down to other people and grow stronger with each generation and he gave it to one of my kids who gave it to another of my kid, who gave it to this grouchy dickbag hermit, who gave it to a gun maniac, who gave it to a memelord who gave it to this lady who made me cookies who gave it to an asshole that tried to kill me who gave it to someone else this morning." 

Shouta stared for a long moment before groaning. "So you're telling me someone here has had a super powerful quirk for all of 3 hours?" 

"20 minutes is closer but yeah. I just wanted to introduce myself! I swear. I was pretty close with all but Four and Eight because Four was a hermit and Eight because Nana didn't live long enough to introduce him to me and when I tried he assumed I was an AFO minion and tried to unalive me as vengeance for her death which was very rude. I had to take a new face and everything afterwards." 

Shouta looked a few seconds away from strangling him. "You're coming with me." 

"Oh, field trip! Yay! Can I get a tour of-" The capture weapon retightened around his mouth and Shouta picked him up and put him on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, taking a meandering route 5o avoid the examinees. 

He finally set the god down in a chair in a room full of monitors and untied him. "I caught him sneaking around." Shouta said in lieu of an introduction to the only other person in the room. 

"Hey Nezu, what's up?" Amahiko said, fist bumping the principal. 

"It's been a while, old friend." Nezu chortled. "How have you been?" 

"Good. One of mine got in on a recommendation here so super proud." 

Nezu grinned. "Ah, young Shinsou. I thought I recognized that fighting style. He takes more after Eraserhead than you." 

"It's the undying love of cats." Amahijo grinned, only for the capture weapon to snake out and smack him on the back of the head. "Ow." 

Nezu chuckled. "So why are you here?" 

"Well, you're not my only old friend. I'm looking for his latest successor. They're here, somewhere. I was interrupted." 

"Well then, let's see if we can figure it out." 

Shouta groaned and unfurled his sleeping bag. "Good night." He growled. 

Amahiko spent the next few hours looking at all the different exam rooms, trying to pick out who had inherited One for All. 

"Yeah, I can't tell shit from here." Amahiko sighed, summoning popcorn and offering some to Nezu. "Maybe the practical?" 

"What will you do once you find him?" Nezu asked. 

Amahiko turned slowly. "Him? You sneaky rat. You already know." 

Nezu chuckled, drinking the tea Amahiko had been generous enough to give him. "I've narrowed it down to four candidates. All boys. I'll have them moved to the same practical for you."