There is a line between mentor and groomer

Amahiko offered to suppress the new ability. As Shouta's first Patron, he could override any other blessings from different gods. 

Shouta decided to keep the ability, at least for now. It could be useful. 

Amahiko showed him how to send a spirit on, which involved giving them directions to the nearest entrance to the underworld, (which were logged in Shouta's phone) and some gold coins from a pouch Amahiko gave him. 

Other than that, however, his life didn't really change. The spirits he saw were always at night, and he just jumped down when he saw them, gave directions or walked them to the entrance. 

The little girl said that there was a glowing door, and she certainly grabbed something and pulled it open, but apparently seeing the actual entrance wasn't something Perseus's cousin thought he needed. 

She had been sad Shouta couldn't go down with her, and Shouta had to tell her that there was someone else who needed his help and she had been so brave already that he had full confidence she would be okay. 

The girl had gone then, the blood on her shirt vanishing the moment she crossed that boundary and Shouta was grateful for that. 

He was even more grateful for the literally magical cup of coffee Amahiko had conjured from him.

"Thank you." He murmured, still mostly cocooned in his, apparently very expensive, high quality, bright yellow sleeping bag, hidden behind the podium of an empty classroom. 

"No problem." Amahiko said, looking like he wasn't all there, leaning against the wall and facing his co-worker. 

Shouta waited until he had put a dent in the literal divine coffee before speaking. "I'm considering making the Sports Festival optional." He said, not feeling very awake for this but with the festival a few days away it needed to be said. 

Amahiko looked at him, eyes focusing on the here and now. "Oh? What brought this on." 

Shouta sipped his coffee. "I'm concerned about AFO." 

"That makes you a wise person, Shouta." 

The human scoffed. "Cocky or ignorant." He murmured, the same thing he always said when he was worried. "But yes. If this bastard is still out there and hunting OFA users I don't want him to see the face and name of the newest one broadcasted live in TV." 

"That's a very good point." Amahiko agreed. "But you have a plan to try and hide the fact it's mainly for Midoriya, don't you?" 

Shouta nodded, wishing for that nice Italian blend Hizashi had given him for their anniversary. God Coffee was good but there was something about anything Hizashi gave him that made gifts better. "I know Tokoyami and Hitoshi want to go Underground and I think Jirou and Shouji are considering it. Maybe even Koda. Having their names and Quirks broadcasted is a stupid idea then. I can send a resume to some undergrounders instead of showing the world what they can do." 

Shouta's phone buzzed and he checked it. "Dam rat." He cursed. 

—----------

Amahiko stood to the side as Shouta announced the new regulations. 

"Due to the Incident at the USJ, a few new policies that have been shoved to the side have been enacted." The teacher said. "Some of you aspire to become Underground heros, in which case means your names, faces and quirks being broadcasted across the world would be detrimental to your future career." 

"Isn't the Festival how you get scouted?" Yaoyorozu asked. 

"Usually." Shouta said, nodding. "Those who opt out will instead have a battle simulation against a teacher filmed and sent to select Underground agencies. You will also be able to choose from the standard list of 40 that all UA heroics students can go to. Once they have their list, I will go over each agency and their specialty so you understand what they can offer." 

Shinsou looked fucking ecstatic. He had been planning on making it to the second round before dropping out already.

"Which teacher?" Shinsou asked. 

"You will be given a list once you arrive at the testing site." Shouta said. "You will be able to choose your main opponent, so make sure that the one you choose will best display your skills." 

Todoroki raised his hand, making direct eye contact with Amahiko. "Can we do both?" 

Shouta looked vaguely amused. "Yes, but the Underground test will be the night before the Sports festival. You can do both or get some sleep. I know what I would do. No judgement will come to those who decide to take the Underground version or the Limelight." 

—-------

"Hey, Midoriya?" Amahiko said, as the day ended. "Can you stick around for a moment?" 

Midoriya blinked, looking towards the door where Shinsou and Todoroki of all people were waiting for him and when did that happen. 

"It's okay." Midoriya said brightly, grinning at his two friends. 

Todoroki leveled a glare that was nearly legally-a-threat-to-Amahiko's-life levels. 

"Yes, sensei?" Midoriya asked as Shouta closed the door. 

"We wanted to talk to you about the Sports Festival." Amahiko said without preamble. 

Midoriya blinked. "Oh. What about it?" 

"Do you know which one you will be participating in?" Amahiko asked as Shouta downed a jelly pack and poured some coffee for the three of them. 

Midoriya looked down at his feet. "Uh, All Might wants me to debut on Saturday by taking first place." 

Amahiko exchanged a look with Shouta. "That's pretty ambitious. I think you can do it, I really do. But the Sports Festival is highly publicized. I don't want All for One coming after you before your ready and your anonymity helps with that." 

Midoriya looked confused. "Whose All for One?" 

Perseus was silent for half a second before the sky roared.