Ive only known these kids for a day but if anything happens so help me

"Today we have rescue training." Shouta said, looking exhausted from last night's paperwork. "You've been excused from your core classes today. Grab your hero costumes, swing by the cafeteria to get a bento, and meet us at the buses in half an hour." 

The class filed out, murmuring excitedly about rescue training. 

"Want me to grab you a bento?" Amahiko asked. "You can grab a nap that way." 

"Sure. Thanks. I'll meet you on the bus." 

20 minutes later Amahiko boarded the bus, sliding his and Shouta's bentos into the storage place near the front. 

"So who's driving?" Amahijo asked. 

Shouta blinked. "Can you drive?" Realizing he had only ever seen Amahiko, walk or flash or more recently fly to places. 

"I learned in the 1960's when Mustangs came out." 

Shouta's lip twitched into the semblance of a smirk before shaking his head. "There is a U.A driver for off campus trips. He'll be here right as we get ready to leave."

"Got it." Amahiko said and the pair fell into comfortable silence, Shouta snoozing in the seat behind the driver's, as the students started to arrive. 

Yaoyorozu did her job as class president well, getting everyone organized and doing a headcount, making sure everyone had their new and improved gear. 

Todoroki kept picking at the fabric on his left side, fingers tracing the small snowflakes. 

Amahiko smiled at him when he boarded, and he nodded, sitting closer to the teachers then Amahiko had thought he would. 

Midoriya boarded, chatting with Hitoshi, who still looked kinda stunned as Midoriya gushed over his quirk and its possible applications for crisis situations. 

Once everyone else was on board and Yaoyorozu had done a head count, they were off. 

How's Shouto? A voice asked, pushing on his bond.

Perseus tilted his head, eyes shimmering with gold so his second oldest Rat could see the brother he was forced to leave behind, looking through his boss's eyes. 

Todoroki had been roped into the conversation, looking a bit flabergasted as Midoriya broke Hitoshi's quirk down, even adding in a suggestion that sent Midoriya off on a tangent. 

Thank you. 

No problem. 

Dabi's presence in the back of his head faded, leaving him alone except for the still shimmering bonds. 

Amahiko watched, letting Shouta sleep, adding snippets into the conversation as he got to know his newest batch of kids. They may technically be a U.A class and not Hamlin kids but Amahiko was ready to go to bat for them already. 

Half an hour later they pulled into the parking lot of a massive domed arena. 

Amahiko stood up and stretched, before following the class inside the USJ. 

—-----------------

Hizashi ran into the USJ, the other teachers close on his heels. 

"In here!" 

Something broke with the sound of shattering glass and suddenly the entirety of 1-A appeared, stumbling as if they had been banging on a wall that just vanished, revealing the class, all uninjured, with the exception of Thirteen, who was laying on the ground, Momo and Asui still administering first aid. 

The teachers jumped but quickly stood down, rushing to the end of the plaza where they could see the carnage that had taken place.

The Shipwreck zone was empty, boat sitting at the bottom of a dry lake, while the plaza was flooded. The Conflagration zone had exploded, flames flickering on the trees just outside and the Landslide zone looked like someone had taking a giant scoop out of it. 

Dozens upon dozens of Villains were in various states of "out of commission", unconscious, tied up with bronze chains, frozen into place or with broken limbs.

It looked like an angry God had taken out his wrath upon them and decided that death was too good.

At the base of the pockmarked stairs, stood Amahiko, only it wasn't him. Instead of the 12 year old Hizashi had been getting to know, now stood an older man, 20 maybe, with the same black hair and green eyes and absolutely massive golden wings. Instead of the t-shirt and jeans he had been wearing this morning, the ancient teacher now wore what looked like spartan armor and a green half cloak, the hood down and a sword on his hip.  

And in his arms, was a black haired man, covered in blood and not moving. 

"Shouta!" Hizashi shouted, losing control of his quirk for a split second, the fear filled scream echoing around the ruined arena and shattering some glass panels Amahiko had somehow missed. 

"He's okay." Amahiko spoke, flapping his wings to meet Hizashi in the middle, glimmering gold stained with red. 

The Voice Hero was suddenly struck by how familiar Amahiko's adult voice sounded, ringing a very old bell. 

"He's okay. Its not his blood. He's just exhausted. He fought to the end with me." Amahiko said, letting Hizashi fret over his husband, inspecting the tears in his clothes to make sure Amahiko wasn't lying. 

Hizashi took his husband in his arms, and Amahiko followed quickly on his heels, only stopping to examine his students before following Hizashi outside to the ambulances. 

"I'm fine." He said, waving off the other teachers' concerns as Shouta was loaded onto a gurney. His wings closed in on himself, hiding him from view, before revealing that he had returned to his favored size when they retracted, vanishing under his shirt. 

He sat down suddenly, making a few medics and Snipe rush over to him. 

"I'm fine! Just tried." He said, leaning back on the grass that decided to sprout where he laid and promptly taking a nap. 

Hizashi didn't see anymore of him, too distracted by watching his unconscious husband being treated by the medics, his shirt cut away before they confirmed that Amahiko was right. He was just exhausted. 

With a sigh of relief, Hizashi relaxed. 

Now if only he could remember why Amahiko's adult form was so familiar? 

—----------

Amahiko felt exhausted. 

That had been one of the most intensive battles he had ever had as Amahiko, trapped in a mortal form as to not incinerate class 1-A. He had even almost summoned Rats to back him and Shouta up. And when Shouta had been hurt, Amahiko reminded the world why his birth name meant Destroyer. 

Nezu was sitting next to him in the grass, waiting patiently for the god to speak. 

Amahiko sighed, covering his eyes with one arm. "They were here to kill All Might. They got his schedule during the breech yesterday." 

Nezu hummed. "I expected as much. I was able to watch some of the footage once we entered the building."  

"Did you see the bird monster? Ring leader inbetween asskickings said it was made. I don't know about that but I do know it was lifeless unless it was following orders. Never talked, never showed pain. It was like a flesh automaton. Dam thing just wouldn't stay down." Amahiko grumbled. "I put it in the ground, turned my back and next thing I know Shouta was screaming. I took the children's memory of the scream. It was that bad." He paused. "Nezu-kun. I cut its limbs off. Multiple times. Hell, I took its head off. Twice. It fucking regenerated. And then I punched it hard enough to take out All Might and it fucking shrugged it off like I was actually 12. No mortal could take that thing on without serious injury. It only went down when I took my adult form, drew Anaklusmos and left the blade in its brain." Amahiko looked a bit distressed. "What mortal science could make such a monster?" 

Nezu's mind was racing. "He's back." The principal breathed. 

Amahiko's steady breaths stopped. Nezu knew he didn't actually need to breath, preferring to do so for both smell and to not unnerve people, but the lizard part of his brain always panicked when his rescuer stopped. 

"γαμώ."