Chapter 28: First Love

Arjun Khanna:-
( Flashback)

" Tu, ishq ke saare rang de gaya
Phir kheech ke apne sang le gaya
Kahi pe kho jaaye chal
Jaha pe ruk jaaye pal
Kabhi na aaye phir kal
Saathiyaa..."

Her voice echoed in the hall and it's the most beautiful one I have ever heard.

" Ek maange agar sau khwaab du,
Tu rahe Khush main abaad hu
Tu sabse judaa judaa sa hai
Tu apni tarah tarah sa hain
Mujhe lagta nhi tu dusra"

I sang after her and she looked at me and averted her gaze instantly. A broad smile came on my lips unknowingly.

" Pal, ek pal, me hi tham sa gaya
Tu haath me haath jo degaya
Chalu main jaha jaaye tu
Daaye main tere mere baaye tu
Hu rut main hawaye tu
Saathiyaa....."

"Hasu main jab gaaye tu
Rou main murjhaaye tu
Bheegi main barsaaye tu
Saathiyaa......"

The music faded and the halls filled with claps. We went down the stage.

" My god! That was so beautiful!" She exclaimed.

" Guys we are gonna win I swear." Prakhar said keeping his guitar away.

" I know." She hugged him. I looked at her. I don't know what to do now. I love her. I love her so much that it hurts not being able to tell her and at the same time it feels so satisfied.
__________________________________________

" Like you forgot me didn't you?" His voice came and my eyes rolled instinctively.

" I didn't I was just too busy." She said.

" Yeah, yeah whatever helps it. You came to Chandigarh and didn't even tell me."

" Okay I am so sorry but we like just landed some hours ago and we were resting." He huffed and some shuffling was heard in the background.

" So do you plan to meet your friend or not?"

" Chris, why are you saying like this. Why won't I want to meet you? You are my best friend right?"

" Promise?"

What is he?

Five?

She chuckled and responded. " I promise."

" Okay then, I'll call you soon. I'm quite busy right now. Bye dumbo."

" Okay bye idiot." She said and hung up the phone.

" He is a literal child I am saying." I mumbled getting up from the bed.

" He acts like a child. He has so many secrets and darkness inside him." I sat down back and looked at her.

" What do you mean?" She kept her hair brush and looked at me.

" His parents left him when he was young because he was sick and they were not financially stable. It was for Mr. and Mrs. Lee, who adopted him, that he got a new life. But every time he misses his old family and want to see them. That's why he came to India, he became an investigator, all of it connects to it."

" They left him and he still wants to meet them."

" He doesn't understand that. He thinks that was all because of the situation but he doesn't understand that the love of parents is something that doesn't let them let their children out for a moment and here they left their 10 year old in an orphanage." I nodded.