Bonfire

TW: Mentions of SA

Nat's POV

Arriving at the bonfire, Jere and Steven make their way over to some girls while Conrad and I head for the keg. "Ya know, Connie, you don't have to bear this all alone, you're allowed to let your guard down and have some real fun."

"Listen, Nat, I know you have good intentions and all, but it's not exactly your job to look after me, so kindly fuck off please." 

"Look, mom wouldn't want you to mope around all Summer, she would want you-".

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Act like she's already dead."

I paused, "I'm sorry, that's not what I meant."

"Yeah, whatever it's fine, can we just put all this talk aside for the night."

"Fine, but only for tonight, you're not off the hook. You may be older, but I can be your little sister and still look after you."

"Whatever," he says as he scruffs my hair.

We split up after getting our drinks, him with Nicole, me free to roam. I look around and notice Jere talking to some girls and Steven walking off with Shayla. Shit, it's the first night I can't be losing already. I approach an olive skinned girl with short hair, she's hot. Better yet, all signs are pointing to gay, by signs I mean the septum piercing and the eyebrow slit. "Hey," I say approaching her, "you from around here?"

"Uh yeah," she smiles, "grew up here."

"Funny, I feel like I'd remember you." I spoke, looking her up and down.

"Does that mean you're from around here?"

"Nah, I mean kind of, I've been coming here every summer since, well, forever," I laugh, "but I mean I don't know how well I really know the island, I might need someone to show me around a little bit more." I say suggestively.

"Funny you say that, I was actually just thinking how different the beach looks a little ways down, care to take a walk with me?"

"I'd be honored." I say gleefully, "The names Nat by the way."

"Hello Nat," she spoke intertwining her fingers with mine as she began to pull me away, "I'm Steph."

A make out session later we return to the party, "Want me to grab you another drink?", I ask her.

"Sure that'd be great," she spoke, handing me her cup. As much fun as I had been having so far, I was not nearly drunk enough. I approached the keg ready for a refill. While I waited for our cups to be filled someone bumped into me from behind, spilling their drink on me in the process. 

"Oh shit," I gasp tearing my top off to avoid it dampening my suit as well. I looked up to see a boy my age staring down at my now exposed chest, "Ahem." 

His eyes snapped back up at the speed of lightning, "Shit, shit, shit, I am so sorry."

I scoffed before pushing past him, "Whatever." I returned to Steph, finding her behind a dune seeming much more intoxicated than when I left. "Hey, I'm back," I spoke. 

"Thank God, I was starting to miss you," she spoke in a clearly drunken state, "Ooo yay, and now you're topless". I smiled awkwardly back at her. She grabbed our drinks and set them to the side before grabbing my face and intensely pulling my face to hers, my eyes widening in shock.

"Woah there, Steph, I think you might be a little drunk," I said in attempts to de-escalate the situation. 

"Drunk, horny, what's the difference?" she smirked moving towards me again, I tried to move back but she climbed on top of me and continued to kiss me against my protests, she held me down allowing her hands to roam freely over my bikini top. It's easy to say what you would do when you're not actually in the situation, but I just froze. I snapped back into my senses and began pleading for her to stop as I pushed her away. Seeing that she was drunk out of her mind, I was able to get out from under her grasp after a bit of struggle. I held my bikini to my chest just now realizing that it had come undone, grabbed the two drinks knowing I'd be needing them, and booked it. I hid myself behind another dune and chugged the two beers with tears strolling down my face. Just then someone walked by and noticed me.