Book Party

Nat's POV

 I'm laying on my stomach on my bedroom carpet kicking my feet as I think of what to text Wally.

Hey:)- no that sounds too nice, not at all like me.

Hey, idiot- ok now it's a tad bit aggressive.

Hey, Walter- perfect, it's nice with undertones of mockery and sarcasm.

I hit send and begin to anxiously bite my nail. He responds almost immediately saying: Hello, Natalia. I smile to myself as before I even get the chance to respond he sends another text asking what took me so long to message him.

I scoff before replying, saying: Geez, Walter, didn't realize you were sitting by your phone waiting for me to text you all day. But if it's any consolation to your ego, I've had a long and chaotic day.

He responds saying: Well now you've got me intrigued, do tell.

I smile to myself yet again as I begin typing up the whirlwind of a day I've had. However, before I can get too far I hear Belly call for me from the bathroom, "Hey Nat, can you come clasp this necklace for me?" I turn off my phone and leave it charging as I go to help Belly. I stop in my track and my draw drops as I take in her appearance, causing her to awkwardly laugh, "What?"

I make a happy pouty face now, "Nothing, you just look all grown up," I spoke to her like a proud parent, "My beautiful, beautiful, Belly," I said smiling as I used my hands to brush her hair behind her shoulders. 

After I had finished clasping her necklace, I sat to the side and watched as she got ready, "So, are you excited for your first ever date?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I feel a bit jittery, but I'm pretty excited."

"Good, you should be- just remember, if he try's any funny business use that pepper spray I gave you."

She rolls her eyes but laughs, "Yeah, yeah, I know, Mom. Now get out so I can go pee."

I put my hands up in defense and laugh, "Alright, alright, I'll go miss piss princess."

I burst into my mother's room where her and Laurel are getting ready, tackling Laurel with a hug. She laughs in shock before hugging me back. "Are you excited for the big book party, Laur?" I ask in excitement.

"I don't know, I still think you Fisher women have a way of overdoing things."

My mother and I do a melodramatic gasp in response, "Us? Overdoing things? Never!" my mom says, causing us all to laugh. That's something my mom and I love to do, go above and beyond for the people we love. In this case, meaning planning the best possible book release party for Laurel.

Belly joined us in the room, giving herself a once-over in the mirror. Mom and Susannah had a conversation about crop tops being back in while Belly and I made eye contact and telepathically made fun of them for being old. Laurel comments asking if Belly is riding with them to the party and my eyes widen, did Laurel not know? Belly stood awkwardly and my mom spoke up, "Oh did Belly not tell you, she's got a date tonight."

Laurel looked shocked and slightly hurt that she had been left out of the loop but tried to play it off, "Oh, wow, that's- well that's great," she paused, gathering her thoughts, "Do we need to have a talk about consent?"

"No, " Belly said embarrassed before exiting the room.

"Don't worry Laurel I covered it with her," I chimed in.

She smiled at me, but still had the sad undertone in her eyes, so I did the only reasonable thing, I tackled her onto the bed. She laughed as I nuzzled up to her side, "Don't you worry, Laurel, I'll be at your book party cheering you on the entire time," I said before kissing her cheek.