9.

Blake's POV

I felt Mario's aura leave the room around half a minute after Brandon started talking to us. I do feel really bad for him I mean he was one of the few survivors of the attack and he was right in the city. I was with my older brother and his friends going on a hunting party to get food for a banquet that my mom was hosting, and I was the only survivor even though only two people attacked us, more than 300 hundred people attacked the city that day, and the official reports say that there were no survivors but sometimes the reports are wrong and thankfully that's the case. I always questioned how he managed to make it out of the city that day but every time I ask him he said that he was able to hide, and stay hidden.

" If you guys will just show yourselves we can sort this out peacefully with no need for violence." David shouted through the fog.

Just then I felt a vine tangle around my leg and I was pulled into the ground, there was a small tunnel that I was able to crawl through. Even through it was pitch black the vine showed me the way through when I got out I saw Mario passed out on the ground with his horns glowing green from using his magic.

I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and I spun around  and pulled out a dagger I kept on me. Looking to see who was there, and it was just Ashlyn, haha, false alarm...

"We should probably get going they are bound to find the tunnel and then their going to find out where we are."

"Okay, but where will we go, I don't know anyone that will take in three dragon hybrids, without telling the guards, and the guilds!"

" That's why we don't go looking for help."

"What do you mean?"

" We don't have to ask for help to survive, we have lived by ourselves without society's help for long enough, so we don't need there help leaving. Now go get food from his kitchen, I'm going to stay here and try to wake Mario up."

"Okay"

Also I have another book that just came out that's a lot better than this the first chapter is out and it's a fto book.

Sorry it's short I just had surgery in my hand so it's hard to write, I promise the next chapter will be longer, hope you all have a good rest of your day or night.