Chapter 14

The group headed once again through the Lagnish Desert, but this time, the stakes were higher. The Yshrenians knew that their small group was after them, which meant luck was not as easily on their side. Even with a new member, the dangers that awaited them would try to strike them down. Eldore said, "Let's proceed to the north road," and Leonard said, "I hope we can pass through unseen." As the group proceeded up the north road, it seemed that they would have to fight their way through as there was a large blockade built across the desert road. "What's that," Yulie questioned. Caesar answered, "The Yshrenian army. They're blocking the road to the Nordia Tunnels." "We'll have to break through. There's no other way," Eldore said. "Works for me," said Leonard, gearing up with his Knight's Ark. "Okay everyone, Katelyn and Sapphire, I want you two to break down the enemy cannons. Yulie and Eldore, work on clearing out the crowds of soldiers. Me and Leonard will take out the watch tower. Any questions," Caesar asked after giving orders. Katelyn said, "Works for me. I'd rather not fight people if I don't have to. I can disable the cannon if I can get a look at its panels." "Then I'll keep it distracted," Sapphire said. The group ran through the middle of the blockade and started to pan out. Katelyn made her way to the back of the automatic cannon as Sapphire made her way to the front of it. Katelyn quickly ripped off the panel while using the end of her sword as leverage and started to pull at the wires on the inside. After two or three minutes of pulling out wires, it seemed that she finally found the one that could disable it. At this point, the Yshrenian soldiers had been defeated and the watch tower was leaning over from where it had been smashed. It seemed that all the group's tasks were accomplished.

Caesar and Leonard reverted to their human forms and the group rejoined for their small victory. Caesar wrapped his arm around Katelyn and placed a kiss on her forehead. "You seem to be pretty great at working with machinery," he said. "Oh, it's nothing. I just learned a lot at home about wires and how they make things work. Pulling them out is no big deal." "Hey, you aren't giving yourself enough credit. You took only minutes to do that while we would have taken much longer." "Thank you," Katelyn said, pulling up her face veil to lay a kiss on his lips. "Okay, enough PDA, newly married couple. Let's get moving," Yulie yelled from behind them. "Let's head into the Nordia Tunnels and go to the Greydall exit," Leonard said. "If they have many more of those weapons, we are in trouble," Eldore said. "I've got to get back to Cisna," Leonard said. "Are you going to keep blabbering on about your queen, or are we going to see some action today," Sapphire questioned with a sassy attitude. With that, Katelyn and Caesar both started to laugh as Leonard blushed. Yulie looked on with a slightly upset look. The group ran through the tunnels, quickly defeating the spider sprogs and basilisks they encountered along the way. They made it to the ending in no time. Looking out of the tunnels, Leonard asked, "Do you think they know we're here?" "I think so. Look how their soldiers are positioned," Caesar said. "And if they don't know now, they will soon enough," Eldore said. "Right. Let's assume the worst," Yulie spoke. "Well, Balandor's right around the corner," Leonard said. "Forget the south road. We'll save time by swinging around to the west," Eldore said. "Okay, sounds good," Caesar said. "Let's avoid those troops as long as possible," Katelyn said. "We definitely don't need an entire army to come after us," Sapphire said.

After many minutes and talk of getting closer to Balandor, a Yshrenian monoship flew overhead and none other than the Sun God flew overhead. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Caesar said. Grazel did not land, but Shapur jumped down from the ship and landed in front of them. War tanks and soldiers started to file in behind him. He laughed and asked, "How long has it been?" "Not long enough," Caesar said. "I must say, I expected you to suffer in the Lagnish a while still. But then I forgot, even little men like you have Knights. Unfortunately, I cannot allow you to cause his Excellency any more headaches. It is time I destroyed you." "Oh, he did not just say that," Sapphire said. "His ass is mine," Katelyn said. "Oh, who are these two pretty ones you guys have got with you. I'm sure it will be a pleasure to fight against them." Katelyn pulled her sword and charged at him and said, "Enough talk. It's time for you to die." Sapphire followed her as Leonard and Caesar transformed into their knights and started after the war machines. Yulie and Eldore started with the soldiers on the ground. Katelyn swung her sword at Shapur, but he countered. They continued in this dance until Sapphire joined from behind. With the two working against him, Katelyn finally saw her opening and struck him. Her sword went into his back. He grunted in pain and asked, "Who are you?" Katelyn ripped off the scarf wrapped around her hair and untied the veil that was over her face. Shapur looked on in horror as Katelyn twisted the sword and said, "Kara, I thought you were dead." "I came back to atone for my sins. Seeing as you put a knife in my back, I assumed it's only fair that I do the same to you." Katelyn twisted the sword once more before pulling it out. Shapur collapsed on the ground and Katelyn put a foot on his back. "And this here is Sapphire. You had a hand in my little sister's death, and she wants to help me avenge her. So, I told her she could deliver the killing blow." With that, Katelyn lifted Shapur from the ground. Sapphire asked, "Any last words?" "I hope Grazel kills both of you," he spit out through the blood in his mouth. Sapphire said, "That definitely will not happen," as she slashed her sword across his throat. Katelyn made sure to take his weapons as he lay on the ground. Even though he looked dead, Katelyn had learned the lesson from Caesar to never take your eyes off of an armed enemy. She felt sick to her stomach seeing the blood on her hands and knowing that she helped kill him, but she also knew that he was nothing but pure evil. She then turned with Sapphire to look at the rest of the battle around them. It looked like most of the enemies had been vanquished, but Leonard looked like he couldn't keep up. He was beginning to shake, which worried Katelyn.