***Chapter 16***

When they made it back inside to the castle, Caesar brought Katelyn to one of the guests rooms. Katelyn said, "I'm getting a bath. Do you care to join me?" "Sure, if you get the water running, I'll be there in a few minutes." Caesar left the room as Katelyn went into the bathroom to see a huge claw-foot tub in the center of the room. She started the water nice and hot, added some bubbles she found in one of the cabinets that smelled good, and started to strip out of her clothes that she had been wearing for the past few days. She grabbed some washcloths from the linen closet, knowing it would take a ton of scrubbing to get both her and Caesar clean after the days they had. After a few minutes of the tub filling and brushing her teeth, Katelyn made her way back into the room to find a partially undressed Caesar lounging on the bed. On the table there was a bottle of wine and two glasses. "Is the water, ready," he asked her as he turned around to face her. "Woah, you look gorgeous standing there right now." "Caesar," Katelyn said playfully, while giggling a little bit. "No, really. You look like a Goddess. You have no idea how much I would love to paint you some time." "I forgot that you like art. That statue of the Goddess you built was amazing and so close to the original. You're very talented," she said as she approached him. "It's just something I picked up from my father. He had an appreciation for art and so do I," he said as he stood and pulled her into his arms. "Now, how about that bath for me and my goddess?" "Sounds amazing, my husband," she said as he lifted her into his arms bridal style. He brought Katelyn into the bathroom and set her in the water that she had prepared before undressing the rest of the way. He went back into the room and grabbed the wine and glasses. He sat the wine bottle on the side of the tub and poured each of them a glass. He handed her one of the glasses and took the other for himself before he got into the tub behind her and let her rest against his chest. "This is looking more like the honeymoon I had in mind," he said to her. "Hey, I know our small ceremony was rushed and we didn't get a honeymoon. But we can have a big wedding with all of our friends there wherever we like when this war is over. I can wear a fancy dress and everything for the occasion. Then, we can have a long honeymoon to make up for it. But first we need to defeat Grazel," Katelyn told Caesar. "I just wish we could put a rush on it. Leonard seems like he may be unable to fight." "I think there is something wrong with his Knight. I sensed it when I got near him today. Almost like pure evil leaking off him," Katelyn said. "Well, maybe another Retrospecticon trip is in order. We need the third insignia from King Valtos, too." "I'm sure it will be in order. But there is one other thing. I think that no matter what happens, we cannot all transform into our Knights at the same time. Something bad is bound to happen. Promise me that, Caesar." "I don't know what to think of it. But, if you feel that is so, then I promise." She said, "Good, now let's finish this wine and get ourselves cleaned up for bed." They both sipped on the wine for a few minutes before Caesar asked Katelyn, "Can I wash your hair for you?" "As long as I get to return the favor," she said. She leaned against him as he took his time gently rinsing and brushing her hair that had become entangled with dirt from the past few days. After her hair was cleaned, he took one of the washcloths and set to work on cleaning her body. As he went, he set Katelyn's body afire with his teasing touches that she knew were very purposeful.

After what felt like an eternity, Caesar deemed her clean. She told him to turn around and she sat up in the tub behind him. She grabbed the shampoo and set to work on washing his hair. She slowly scrubbed at his scalp and massaged as she went. She then moved to massage his neck muscles before moving onto his shoulders. "You have so much built-up tension," she told him. "I've been ruling a city on my own for a year and now am involved in a full out war. I say that it's my body's way of hating me for what I am putting it through." "Don't worry. I'm sure it will all end soon," Katelyn said as she rinsed the shampoo from his hair. She added conditioner to his scalp and let it sit for a few minutes as she grabbed a washcloth to clean his body. She told him to turn around again, and he obliged. She took some soap and ran the washcloth down his chest and torso, cleaning the dirt off him as she went. As she got lower, she allowed herself to tease him back for his touches earlier. She continued under the guise of cleaning him before she deemed him clean. She then took a small bowl and rinsed through his hair. After the conditioner was out, she said, "I think we are both done." He stood and pulled her with him. He stepped out and grabbed a towel, drying his hair and face before wrapping it around his waist. Katelyn pulled the tub drain stopper as he then came over and wrapped her in a fluffy towel. He helped Katelyn out of the tub before wrapping her hair in another towel and helping her to wring it out. "I know I may sound a little crazy, but can I help you with your hair tonight," Caesar questioned her. "Do you know how to braid," she asked. He nodded and she said, "Alright. Let us dry off first." After a few minutes of drying off and changing into nightclothes, Caesar had Katelyn sit on the bed in front of him. First, he worked slowly to detangle all of the knots from her hair. He then started from the top of her hair, twisting it back into a French braid. After many minutes of twisting and maneuvering her hair, Caesar tied it off and said, "All done. What do you think?" Katelyn walked towards the mirror across the room and said, "Caesar, you did amazing. Thank you, my love." She turned back to him and said, "I know it sounds crazy, but the one thing we have never done is danced together. Do you perhaps want to dance with me?" "But there is no music to dance to." "There is in every part of the atmosphere. There is music between you and me. You just have to reach down deep and feel it." He walked towards her, brushed his lips against hers, and told her, "Tell me how." She leaned against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her and said, "Your heartbeat works as the melody. The rest, you just have to imagine." Then, he took her right hand in his left and let the other rest at her waist. Katelyn began to guide Caesar across the room. As they danced, they both could feel the magic between them. It was as if there was music between them that only the two could hear. After many minutes of dancing circles around the room, Katelyn stopped and curtsied to Caesar, ending the dance. Caesar pulled her to him and placed his lips on hers, dipping her into a kiss that would make any woman swoon. When they pulled away, Katelyn looked at the man she had fallen in love with in such a quick time. She thought herself lucky to have found a love that she could also call her best friend.