Finally Free

Days went by as she tutored him regularly from morning till evening. They weren't particularly close but wasn't on bad terms either.

Mostly their tutor sessions were held in Baji's apartment but one day she invited him over to her house.

Baji's POV.............
I'm on my way to Avana's house since she called me over for studying. I rang the doorbell and a sweet voice said, "Coming" from inside.

After a while the door opened and there she was standing in a sweatshirt and trousers. I don't know why but she always dress like this even in school, she wears full-sleeve shirt and boys' uniform pants even in the middle of summer. Does she always feel cold or something?! Or maybe she's just shy to expose even a little bit of her skin?

Anyway......... I went inside and thanked her for inviting me over and she replied, "Make yourself at home"

She lead me to her room and went in the kitchen and came back with juice and biscuits. Then we continued from where we left off yesterday.

After a few hours the doorbell rang. She was a bit startled like she wasn't expecting anyone at this hour. Still she got up to open the door.

A middle aged man came in, smoking tobacco and noticed me standing by the door of her room and then his eyes fell on her. As she was greeting the man, "Welcome home, Dad" she received a slap on her face. I was so confused that I couldn't react at all.

"You're bringing boys home when I'm gone? You're as much of a slut as your mother"

"Dad, he's just here for studyin-" she again received a slap.

"You dare to talk back to me?!" At first I didn't intended on interfering in their family issues. But I changed my mind when he grabbed her and pressed the burning cigarette on her forehead. I grabbed him by the neck and said, "One should never treat their child in this way. Everyone knows that!" He struggled but I didn't loose my grip till he passed out.

I grabbed her hand and took her to the kitchen from where I took out the icepack and held it on her forehead as gently as I could. By the look of her face I realized that she's trying hard to hold back her tears.

I hugged her and whispered in her ears, "It's ok if you cry, I'm here for you"

She buried her face in my shoulders and sobbed softly. I was surprised that she didn't let it out sooner.

When she calmed down a bit, I applied medicine on her forehead and asked her to open her sweatshirt. Although she refused at first, I forced her to and just as I thought, she's covered in cuts and bruises. Some are fresh and some transformed into scars. I helped her to apply medicine on each one of them. Today's tuition was canceled because of all of this drama, so I headed home.

Later today, I recieved a call from her, "Take out your bike, I'm headed towards your apartment. Please, I need your help!" She said that in one breath and hanged up. Without giving it much thought I did what she asked and as she said, she showed up and asked me to start the bike as she climbed up on the back seat.

"Drive that way" she ordered. I follwed her instructions. As we took a left turn she said, "Follow that bike"

"Is that Rebel 300?" I asked.

"Yup! Cool isn't it?"

"Yeah super cool!!"

"Now pull over infront of that bike"

"Gotha. But what happened?"

"My dad took all my money that I saved to settle and I'll get it back" woah..... Never seen her this aggressive.........

I speeded up and was successful in stopping the Rebel 300. We got off the bike and so did her dad.

"Give me my money back"

"Your money is my money, I'm out of  beer so move aside"

She was fuming with rage at that time, she walked straight towards him and landed a kick on his head. I was surprised that her kick resembled Mikey's but more importantly, "If you know how to fight, why didn't you fought back when he abused you or when those gang members harassed you?" I asked.

"I..... I wasn't confident. I didn't know that I can still fight. I hate fighting and delinquents. So I thought that if I fight, I'll become one of them"

"That's bullshit! Do you really hate delinquents that much that you didn't defend yourself?!" She was quiet hearing the question and turned her head away from mine.

I grabbed her head and made her look right into my eyes and whispered softly, "Answer me"

"No..... I don't hate delinquents! I even think they're cool but what they did to me..... I was terrified" Hearing this, I didn't think straight and hugged her real tight and patted her back gently.

Meanwhile, the cops came and recognized her father as a gambler and an indebted person so they arrested him and gave the bike keys to his daughter.

After the cops scene was over, I said, "I'll train you to be strong along with that I'll tell you about the delinquent world and introduce you to my friends, then you can decide if you hate us or wanna be a part of us! Sounds good?"

"Yeah I'll give it a try"

Avana's POV..........
When I said that I'll give it a try, Baji gave me a wide smile showing his beautiful canines. I always envied his canines, they're just so perfect....... Anyway, that smile of his soon turned into a shock as we heard a scream from behind us, "BAJI?!" A young boy around our age with a mole under his right eye approached us. He punched Baji in the stomach and said, "Bro you got a girl and you didn't even tell me!?"

"She's the tutor I talked about, you idiot" Baji replied coping up with the pain of the punch he just received.

"I thought the tutor would be old and grumpy and...and nerdy but she's hot"

I can't deny that I found his guy quite funny.

"Shh..... She's right here dumbass! Um... So Avana I promised that I'll introduce you to my friends! He's Kazutora Hanemiya" Baji introduced.

"Hey! Kazu's fine and nice to meet ya!"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Avana the hot tutor" We all laughed at my statement and after chatting for a while, Baji said, "Kazu I'll meet you tomorrow, it's quite late, I'll drop her off"

"Alright" He said and walked away.

"Give me the keys, I'll drop you off" Baji said. I remained silent and went near my dad's Rebel 300 and sat on the bike and started it.

"Get on" I said and Baji's face was numb with shock.

"Yeah yeah I can ride a bike just fine, so you'll be safe" He gulped and trusted me with his life as he get on the backseat still shivering. To be honest I'm a little nervous as well, I've never rode with someone in the back but I'm confident that I'll pull through.

The night's pretty chilly but somehow all I feel is warmth and happiness. I don't think police will let go of dad soon. It feels like I'm finally free. The winds against my ears congratulating me for my freedom. This feels good...... No more torture, it feels like someone took my shackles off of me after thousand years of captivity........

"Hey!" Baji said

"What?"

"Let's celebrate today!"

"For what?"

"Your freedom. My treat!"

"Sounds good but how about we make something at home?"

"Sounds awesome" And we headed towards home.

I'll never get enough of this feeling of freedom.

TO BE CONTINUED........