Last First Kiss

A few days went by, today Chifuyu and Takemitchy is taking their last shot at bringing Baji back to Toman before the big showdown but I know for sure that he isn't backing down before closing the Kisaki chapter.

That was the last day we interacted. After that he joined Valhalla as he planed and framed it like he was helping Kazu but I know the real truth. Whatever I think I'll not be able to see him before 31st October. I kinda miss him to be honest. But I gotta focus on winning the battle because if we do, Baji is gonna come back for sure!

My phone suddenly rang and I was saved from drowning in the deep ocean of thoughts. Strange! It's Baji who's calling me.......

"Hmm?" was the first thing that I said after picking up.

"Come downstairs, I'm waiting" He asked

"Sure but what's the big deal"

"Nothing it's just that I haven't seen your face in a long time" This last sentence of his got my heart racing for no reason.

"It's your own fault you dummy! Wait I'm coming"

"I'll be waiting" With that he hung up leaving my heart pounding against my ribs. I don't know why but this happens a lot these days. Maybe I really haven't seen him in a long time.

I dragged my lazy ass up, got changed and went downstairs. "What's up?" I asked. "Let's go" He said, I was confused but I trust him enough to go with the flow.

He took me to our secret hideout, but today it was a little different, it was decorated beautifully with small lights glowing from one branch of a tree to another. There he dragged me to sit on the wet and soft grass, below that tree. He smiled at me and his smile shone brighter than all the lights he put so much effort on.

"So what's up with all these lights?" I asked as I finally sat down beside him resting my head on his firm and well built shoulder.

"Nothing just wanted to see your face clearly"

"Oh god! Someone please wake me up to reality, Baji Keisuke being romantic is the worst nightmare ever!" I laughed as he got embarrassed.

"Oh shut up......... I've got something to tell you. So lend me your ears, okay?!"

"Alright, I'm listening"

"Look it's embarrassing so I'mma say this just once........ Avana I really really adore you. And I wanna thank you for being there when I was at my lowest. You saved me in every way possible. Aishiteru yo(I love you) ore wa daisuki dayo(I really love you)" He ended his heart warming confession with a tight hug. His body's trembling with the fear of rejection or worse, getting ignored. But he doesn't have a slightest idea that I feel the same way about him.

"Baka(idiot)........ You're wrong you dumbass......... You're the one who saved me you know. So thank you...... thank you for every single second you devoted to me. I'm really happy that I got to meet you"

After shedding a bit of our precious tears and a little drama, we were laying on the wet grass. The weather was cold but somehow all we felt was the warmth that we were enveloped in. An overwhelming silence prevailed on us.

"Soo....... Baji, can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"What type of life do you wanna live?"

"Hm..... Never thought about it but maybe one that I don't regret. Well..... When I'll be in my death bed and I'll be getting all the flashbacks, I really won't like to feel that 'maybe if I would have chose this path back then maybe I would've been happier' I want to enjoy every single moment that life has to offer that's the kind of life I think I want"