CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

Jack hadn't wanted to let go of Tiberius's waist, but Tiberius didn't want them both going to bed covered in blood. So when they'd gotten to Jack's room, the walk quiet except for Jack's sniffling and Tiberius shushing him softly as he ran a hand through his hair, Tiberius walked them into the bathroom and turned on the faucet, keeping an arm tight around Jack's shoulders.

"Clean up," he murmured into Jack's hair. "I'll be right outside."

"Don't," Jack pleaded, no longer able or willing to pretend he could be away from him. "Don't leave."

Tiberius cupped his jaw, caressing his cheek with his thumb. "You have to clean off the trolls' blood. We both do."

"So do it here," Jack pushed his face into Tiberius's shoulder. "Just stay."

Tiberius tensed in his arms. "You want me to bathe here?"

Jack looked up slowly, meeting his eyes. "I'm not . . . I'm not ready to be immortal. I'm not . . ."

Tiberius, understanding, nodded. "Then you won't be," he said, his eyes dark with the clear implication.

Jack licked his lips as his eyes drifted back down to Tiberius's chest, his blood-soaked shirt. Swallowing thickly, he brought his hands down Tiberius's side, his waist, down to the hem of his shirt. He hesitated a second before he started to tug it up.

Tiberius exhaled shakily. "Jack . . ."

"Take it off," Jack whispered, then faltered, "Er – unless you don't want to –"

"I want to," Tiberius said at once, breathless, and let Jack tug up his shirt until it was over his shoulders, revealing strong, hairy pecs, hardened brown nipples, and a wiry trail leading down hard abs and disappearing under his waistbelt. The stained blood should've made Jack sick, but he knew the heat pooling in his gut was anything but repulsion.

He wanted Tiberius, he wanted to run his hands down his body, especially now. Tiberius had saved him from death again. Seeing him there had woken him to the true fear that he'd felt at William's attack, the way that fear went unprocessed and misplaced as anger against Tiberius.

He couldn't be away from him now. He didn't want to be.

"Jack," Tiberius's eyes darkened, like he could hear Jack's thoughts. Maybe, just as he could sense Jack near him, he could also sense his desire. Tiberius showed no hesitation in unhooking Jack's satchel and setting it aside, pushing Jack's jacket off his shoulders, and tearing his now stained shirt down the middle. Jack gasped, but Tiberius's hands were already on his jeans.

He tore the zipper and buttons off, hooked his fingers around his waistbelt, and paused. "Do you . . . want me to . . .?"

The question was obvious, the gold of his eyes all but swallowed by the black pupils. Jack gripped his wrists and swallowed thickly.

"Just . . . don't put it in."

"Jack," Tiberius whispered, his naked chest rising and falling rapidly, then he was tugging down Jack's jeans and underwear. Jack gasped as he felt the cold hit his cock, but something about the sky outside still black, about knowing that everyone would be asleep right now and that they couldn't be interrupted, had Jack's heart stuttering.

He did what he'd been wanting to do and touched Tiberius's strong shoulders, letting his hands fall down Tiberius's chest, brushing his palm against Tiberius's nipples, lightly scratching down his toned abs. Tiberius's eyes fluttered and he groaned as his body arched into Jack's hands. He couldn't believe he had this effect on someone as grand and gorgeous as Tiberius.