$$ WHAT YOU DO TO ME

I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off while I heard Lil Durk playing in the living room. I knew Jacie was probably singing along like she always does and Dezzy was eating breakfast. I applied lotion on my body and put on a black top and some high waist jeans along with my white Air Maxes. I grabbed the blow dryer and dried my hair that was now curly. I shook my hair wildly and applied some product to it to keep it in shape. I exited the bathroom and closed the door quietly.

"What you do to me, baby! What you doooo!" Jacie sang loudly as she danced in front of the speakers. I laughed at the sight of her not giving a fuck and just turning up all by herself. I turned to the kitchen and as I already predicted, Dez was peacefully eating his cereal while scrolling through his phone. I smiled as I grabbed a few cherries from the counter and ate them. "You goin' with me or nah?" I asked Jacie as I stood in front of her, chewing my cherry. "Naw, I gotta pick up Jecari from school and make him something." She said. I nodded and was about to walk away when something popped up in my mind. "About to make him something?" I repeated as I watched her in expectation. She sighed as she rolled her eyes. "I'ma take him to McDonald's, you know I can't cook." She said. I laughed, "I was just about to ask you." "I'ma be back for the night, though. We can order pizza and just chill." She said as she turned the volume down.

I frowned, "I'd love to but why so random?" She laughed. "Girl, you came back yesterday! We need to talk about everything and I need to tell you everything that happened in them two years. You cray." I laughed, "I'm sorry. You're hella right though, I'll see you tonight - wait, you got them extra keys from the counter?" I asked. She nodded and showed them to me. I laughed, "You be stealin' shit, huh." "What's life without finessin'?" she asked rhetorically. I pecked her cheek and did the same to Dez. "I'ma be back tonight, I'm at Lanika's." I said as I grabbed my small purse. "Be safe lil sis." "You too Dezzy." I said before yelling goodbye and making my way towards Lanika's house.

The sky was bright and blue and the sun was shining at its brightest. It was a hot day and I felt like fire because my stomach decided to turn into a knot and my nerves were going crazy. It was weird because I used to feel so good going to their house. As if I went home, I never wanted to leave their house, ever. And now, it feels like I'm going to a hell hole. As I saw their porch, I bit my lip and slowed down my pace. I really didn't want to go but I knew Lanika would know I was lying if I told her an excuse of not coming. I could already hear her say; "Is it because of my brother?" And I'll just repeat it for the last time, no weaknesses are allowed in this life I'm living. I brushed my fears aside and opened the gate to their porch. I went upstairs and knocked on their door before taking a couple steps back and pretending to admire the environment. Seconds later the door opened by no one else than Pinky. "Pinky!" I squealed and I got a loud screech in return as she jumped in my arms and hugged me tightly. "Oh my God!" she yelled. "Mom! Mom!" she yelled as she released herself from our hug and ran back inside. "Armani is back!" she yelled. I laughed and closed the door behind me as I walked into the house that felt oh so good to me. The scent was still the same, everything was still the same. I remembered when I came her almost every single day, hanging out with L'A in his room, just the two of us. Later on, Lanika would go crazy because she wanted to have me to herself but L'A kept pulling me into his room. Then I had to babysit Pinky all the time, she was the most annoying 7 year old. I partly felt guilty because I never said goodbye to her, nor did I say goodbye to L'A and Lanika. It was pure that momma Capone came through to check up on Dez and I and caught us leaving. I had to say goodbye but I actually just wanted to disappear from their lives.

"Stop playing with me, Pinky. I got things to do." I heard momma Capone's stern voice say. I chuckled. "No really! She's here, look!" Pinky's high voice yelled as she pointed at me from out the kitchen. I appeared in the kitchen and looked at momma Capone, still looking the same. Like she just turned 25, her black silky jaw-length hair shining. An oversized white tee, black leggings and brown boots. She looked amazing. "Hey moms." I smiled as I watched her looking at me with big eyes. "Look, at, you!" she gasped.