$$ HESITATION

"That was straight up disrespectful what you did back there, Mani!" Jacie yelled as she strolled after me. I was now fast walking my way home because I felt guilty and betrayed all at the same damn time.

"He deserved it." I muttered as I unlocked the front door and entered my crib.

"Sure was, but I mean the whole "I never loved you for you?" You know that was a goddamn lie from the pit of hell. Shit, even I was hurt and this shit has nothing to do with me."

"Whatever. Just leave me alone." I spoke.

"You can't do him like that Armani, out of all shit that ever happened between the two of y'all the only thing you can't say is that y'all didn't love each other to death."

"Like you said, this shit has nothing to do with you." I said as I refused to listen to her.

She sighed and nodded. "Aight, whatever you please, girl." She said before walking out, softly closing the door.

I groaned out of frustration as I palmed my forehead, tired of everything that had happened. Of course my love for him was real but it was damaged now. Damaged to the point where I was able to look him right in the face - right in his expressive eyes and tell him one of the worst lies I had ever told someone. I could literally see him break in front of me, yet I didn't feel obliged to take it back or apologize. I still didn't feel like it and that exactly showed how bad we were doing.

I decided to stop torturing myself as my thoughts were making me feel worse. I got up from the couch I had been sitting on and walked towards the bedroom where I threw myself on the bed and thankfully, I quickly fell asleep.

"Wassup ugly." His voice sounded. I woke up from my slumber and winced at the bright light, shutting my eyes seconds later. "What?" I managed to get out as my voice was sleep laden.

"I said wassup ugly. You gon' get up or diss me and continue sleeping witcho lazy ass? And stop drinking my 40s girl, it's disrespectful." He said.

My eyes sprung open and I instantly smiled a wide smile. "Desmond!" I yelled as I got up and hugged him tightly. "I missed you." I said. "I know. Your life ain't shit without me, huh?" He bragged as we let go of our embrace. I chuckled, "Can you stop being so in love with yourself for once?" We both laughed.

"Nah but on a serious note though, you been holding up good, sis. I'm proud of you." He spoke.

I smiled and nodded. "I try, Dez. But the main reason I'm able to keep my head up is knowing that you're still around."

"Exactly. And you can't forget that, I'll always be there when you need me."

I suddenly woke up, covered in sweat. The bedroom was dark and I realized it was a dream. A dream that seemed incredibly real. I sighed, closing my eyes again in attempt to fall asleep.

The next morning Jacie and I had breakfast at Roscoe's and chilled at my place afterwards. She had been getting on my nerves the whole day, talking about Leonard and the fact that I had hurt him. I reminded her that he was the one to hurt me in the first place, only to hurt me again afterwards. And thank God, that silenced her for a while.