$$ POSTED

I was back from the cemetery where I'd visited Dezzy. I spent 4 hours in front of his tombstone and I coulda sworn I felt a push against my head when I told him I got shot. It didn't scare me, instead, it only made me realize he wasn't really gone; we just couldn't see him. His presence felt so real that it must've been real. I came back from the cemetery feeling peaceful. It was always like that, though. When I talked to Dez, it seemed like he always cared about whatever I had to say and when I was done, I felt way better than before.

After a month of wearing the bandage on the side of my stomach, I was allowed to finally remove it. It was still hurting like hell but the doctor said I was healing perfectly, so there was no need to worry.

Today was Tay's birthday and he decided to throw a block party. I was actually excited because I was locked up - thanks to Jacie - inside the house for the past month and a half. She was scared I'd go after Nunu and do something 'dangerous'. Oh and on that note, Nunu just disappeared. Nobody had seen her out since the day the whole fight and shooting went down. The annoying thing is that no one knows where she's at, so even if I wanted to go after her, whatever plan I had would fail. I tried to forget about her, though.. for now. My health was my number one priority now, not Nunu and most definitely not L'A. I silently applauded him for respecting my wishes and leaving me alone, though. It only showed that whatever they were saying about him and Nunu was true.

As I entered the crib, I could hear "It's True" by BJ the Chicago Kid playing. I frowned and smiled a small smile when I saw Jacie sitting on one of the couches, just staring in front of her.

"Hello?" I spoke up. Her head shot up at the sound of my voice and she quickly lowered the volume of the music. "You okay?" I asked after, sitting down next to her. She shook her head and covered her face in her hands.

"I feel fucked up." She said.

"Tell me what's wrong, Jacelle." I said as I threw my arm around her.

She sighed and removed her hands from her face. "I went to court this morning, right?" She started.

I nodded in response and carefully listened to her words as she spoke, choosing her words wisely.

"They, uh - they've extended his prison sentence to four more years." She spoke softly. I gasped and quickly covered my mouth in shock. Jacie's boyfriend, Ahbir, also called D Rose for several 'reasons' was in jail for two years now. After her short lived relationship with Rondo, she fell in love with D Rose and he seemed to really take good care of her. As far as I knew, she had been waiting on Rose all this time with hope he'd be released this year. "They said they found evidence or something.. I don't know. Everybody thinks someone snitched but I don't even care. He's gonna be in there for four more years, Armani. Four. And you know what's worse?" she spoke as silent tears were flowing down her cheeks.

"He told me I didn't have to wait on him anymore. That I needed to go on and 'live my life.' He's seriously expecting me to live my life without him? He deadass broke up with me. Like, how you gon' do that? If I had been waiting on him for two years already, why couldn't I wait four more? I can wait four more years." she said.

"..can you?" I asked carefully.

"Hell yea I can! I want to be with him. Always wanted to. And I know he wants to be with me. He's just thinks I'm not happy. But I am happy. And of course I'll be happier when he's back down but for now, I'm good." She spoke.