$$ FUCK MY LIFE

A lot of niggas never make it, all they know is selling dope

Life ain't easy in the Chi, murder capital

Might not make it here tomorrow, like I'm running outta hope

"You hear that?" Jacelle asked as we walked towards Lanika's house.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh! I don't gotta turn up 'cuz I'm ina turnt way!" I loudly sang along as I danced and twerked on the sidewalk.

"You gon' ruin those Yeezys I'm telling you." She said as she referred to the red shoes on my feet.

"I ain't even do nun I'm just dancing." I said as I rolled my eyes at her. She laughed. We arrived at the door and found out it was open already; the music blaring through the house, causing the floor to tremble by the loud bass. I watched myself in the mirror, proud of my look. I had on a black crop top along with some black high waist tights, finished by the red Yeezys. I used one day hair color to get my hair black again since I didn't like how the outfit looked with bleached hair. It was handy because if I showered, the dye would come out and my bleached hair would reappear again. The house was packed, if I tell you it was packed, it was packed as a motherfucker. The smell of weed, sweat and cake was strong as we walked through the house, greeting everyone here and there. "Lanika!" I yelled as I spotted her from a couple meters away.

"Booboo!" she yelled as she saw Jacelle and I, walking toward us with her arms open. We both hugged her.

"Happy birthday baby! 19 years, huh!" Jacie said as she handed her the present. "Aw, thank you baby."

"Here you go goddess." I said as I handed her the envelope.

"Mm, an envelope, huh?" she said as she wore a mischievous look on her face, causing the three of us to laugh.

"Where moms nem at?" I asked, truly curious.

"Oh, she left the house to me and L'A. She's at grandma house, uncle Bleeno is here though." I nodded, "Oh okay." Loud yells were heard when "Shmoney Dance" came on and everyone started doing their own shmoney dance.

"Ayee!" I yelled as I did the dance, leaning from side to side, working my shoulders and putting my right arm in the air. "Hey, hey, hey, hey!" everybody yelled in unison to the beat of the song as we all did our dance. The song ended and we all laughed because everyone was turned up in just a few seconds. "How It Go" by Keef started playing, causing everyone to sing along and do their own dance to it. I spotted L'A as he walked past all the people into his own room that I remember all too good.

"I'ma be right back." I said to Jacie and she nodded as I made my way through all the people and opened the door to his room and immediately closed it. I stood at the door, watching him as he didn't notice me.

He threw his white tee on his bed as he changed into a lilac True Religion tee. He sighed as he turned around and stumbled back as he noticed me. "Damn, you scared me." he said as he shook his thick dreads. "I'm sorry." I chuckled as I played with my curl. There was the awkward silence again, even though the music was playing, it was still quiet. "So.. how you been enjoying the party?" he asked to kill the silence.

"It's been fun, they played turnt songs." I said as I watched him.

He nodded, "Aight. I ain't wanna send you away or sum but.. why you sneak into my room?" he asked.

I chuckled as I covered my face. "Right. I forgot, I'm sorry.. again." I said.

"I just.. wanted to say something about us." I stared at him.

"Sit down." He said as he sat down on his bed and patted the spot next to him. I sighed as I walked towards him and sat down. I smiled a small smile as I watched him look at me intensely.