$$ LATELY

Jacie and I got out of Roscoe's and the sun was shining brightly.

"Ion get why you wanted to come to Roscoe's at 9AM girl, it's so early." I said.

"But ain't it better, tho? No fuck boys, no old niggas tryna hit on you, no annoying ass kids. And you'll get your food quick as hell." She said.

She knocked at my door at 8AM telling me something happened, making me all nervous and scared. All that, just to drive me to Roscoe's and have breakfast with her.

"Bitch, you - nah I'm with you on that." I said and we both laughed as we sat on a bench in a park nearby. It had a beautiful view; lots of trees, grass and several dark lakes. The sky was a light shade of blue and the sun was beaming while a breeze kept us cool. In other words, a perfect day to just enjoy the weather and nature outside.

"I hate them bugs." I heard Jacie huff as she stomped her foot on the ground, trying to kill something.

I chuckled, "I love me some nature but I don't fuck with bugs, not even for a pot of gold." I said and then paused to look at Jacie.

"Nah, I would." We both said in unison and laughed.

"So you're happier now, right?" she asked randomly.

I smiled at her, "Kinda, yeah. I really miss Dez but once I come home I just start talkin' to 'em and sometimes it's like he answers. Not like, literally answering but certain sentences or words pop in my head and then I'm like, 'ah yea, this is what I'm 'pose to do.' That's how I kinda know he's still with me you know, he ain't never left. It's just hard because I can't see him anymore and hear his voice but.. you know, I still got something so I should be happy about that. Of course.. is L'A another reason why I'm so happy too." I blushed as Jacie squealed in happiness.

"Yesss! So y'all official again? I waited so long for this to happen, like forreal. I wanted this to happen 'cuz y'all are like two pieces of puzzles that need each other otherwise y'all look weird as hell. I had to adjust to seeing you and not seeing L'A around and the other way 'round cuz y'all were glued to each other, in a positive way." She spoke.

I laughed, "I know right, well. I guess that's about to happen again. I first didn't feel like getting back with him because I didn't trust him enough but I just let my thoughts go and did what my heart wanted you know.. and I ended up feeling good about my decision." I explained.

*

Hours later, after I went back to sleep as soon as I got home, Jacie and I were on our way to Kiara. She called me, telling me something was up and I needed to slide through. I didn't know what could possible be going on but she sounded serious.

"Nothing at all?" Jacie asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing I can think of, on my soul." I swore. She sighed and we continued speedwalking to Kiara's crib, probably looking like retards.

We finally arrived and saw Kiara in front of crib with Deja, our friend.

"Where she at right now? I don't play, I swear." Kiara spoke angrily as we approached her.

I frowned. "What's happening? Who you talking 'bout?" I asked.

"Bitch ass Nunu be fronting her move. I swear I'll kill a bitch." Kiara continued to speak angrily.

Deja sighed, "Nunu was sneak dissing on Twitter 'bout Kiara and you, supposedly of course. Kiara confronted her and she admitted it. Talmbout she finna make a move on us or something? Now she calling Kiara, telling her she finna beat her ass on some dumb ass shit."