Chapter 3: They get meaner

Becky and her crew spent most of the week talking about Molly behind her back. They decided that what annoyed them the most was each time that Molly would raise her eyebrows or roll her eyes as if she didn't believe they'd follow through on their threats. They decided that Friday after school would be the time for some follow-through. They wanted to do something effective, but that would be unlikely to get them caught.

Being the toughest kid of them all, as she'd grown up in foster care, Nick had some of the best cruel ideas and she came up with a plan to spank Molly with her own shoes. This idea excited the others greatly. Unable to contain herself until Friday, Becky came into school on Thursday morning with a permanent marker and asked Nick to bring Molly's jacket down to the gym changing rooms at the very start of lunch break at 12 midday sharp.

Nick has had a tough life and visits her Dad in prison regularly

Nick was intrigued but didn't question it and followed the instruction. At midday Becky, Tamika, Xuan were waiting down in the locker room; Nick was a couple of minutes late but she had Molly's cute waist-length black jacket with her. With a green permanent marker in hand, Becky told Nick to lay it out on the floor. "What are you going to do with that?", Nick asked. Everyone was waiting on the answer with baited breath as Becky hadn't told them yet.

"Write mean things on it, of course!", Becky half-shrieked as the others giggled with delight.

"Quietttt!", Nick advised, "we don't want teachers to hear us in here!".

Physically, Nick has more bulk on her than Molly and could take down her smaller friend with one taekwondo move

Becky got started by writing 'skinny bitch' in big capital letters right across the front of the jacket on its left breast. Becky offered the marker to Nick, but she hesitated, so Xuan grabbed it and wrote 'flat' as big as she could make it on the right breast of Molly's coat. Then it was Tamika's turn; she'd never been mean to someone in her life but she smiled as she wrote 'whiny' down the left arm of the jacket, before passing the pen to Nick. 

"You know guys, this is super mean", Nick said quite gravely and quietly. "Yeah so?", Becky sounded worried. "But I LOVE IT!", Nick said half-hysterically as she wrote 'No friends' right down the right arm of Molly's jacket, and finished off by ripping the designer label off the inside of Molly's coat, just where it'd touch her neck, and chucking it in the shower area. It was job done and they agreed Nick should put the jacket back in her locker and keep it there until Friday when things were going to get much more interesting...