Chapter 6: The teacher who saw everything

Little did any of the girls know that Ms Lee had just happened to be getting some art supplies for the next day's teaching from a pokey third-floor store room that was above that very courtyard when she'd looked out the window and seen Molly being pushed face down on the grass. She had witnessed the whole thing from start to finish through the window; at one point she'd opened the window a little to get a better look. She thought the whole thing was creative and clever: from spanking Molly with her own shoe to pouring the water on her, the whole thing was well thought out and she really approved of it. She looked forward to Molly being quieter in class as a result of this mistreatment she was getting.

It was only when she saw Molly remove her jacket from over her head, discover all the mean things written on it and start sobbing that Ms Lee started to feel a bit bad. Molly was all alone with no one to help her, and she was a teacher who should care, right? Ms Lee headed down towards the courtyard, but still didn't really know what she was going to do down there. She just knew that she was drawn to going in that direction.

As she reached the ground floor and neared the door leading outside, the teacher realised this was the courtyard with only one door in and out: once that door was locked, Molly would be locked out there all weekend. Now that would be cruel, she thought to herself. She felt so torn and couldn't decide what to do now. That door was meant to be locked by 4pm anyway, and it was well after 4 now, so she'd only be doing her duty as a member of staff if she locked it. 

As she peeked out the window the young teacher saw Molly was now on her feet, looking superbly pathetic with her hair soaked and walking around in her bare feet, skinny jeans and t-shirt, holding her ruined jacket in one hand while looking for her shoes. 

Molly seemed to have stopped crying while she focused fully on trying to retrieve her shoes, but kept exclaiming 'Oh. My. God' in such a high voice as she walked around the place, which irritated Ms Lee. 

She wanted to tell Molly to shut up. Or make her. This girl was never going to get a boyfriend, definitely not while she was in high school, she thought to herself.

But should she help the poor girl out? Help her gather up her stuff, call her parents and get her home safely? Or whatever good teachers are meant to do? Ms Lee was a good tteacher, most of the time! But girls like Molly really set off the mean st...

But should she help the poor girl out? Help her gather up her stuff, call her parents and get her home safely? Or whatever good teachers are meant to do? Ms Lee was a good tteacher, most of the time! But girls like Molly really set off the mean streak in her that she usually hid. It was something about that sense of entitlement that kids from rich homes tend to exude. Spotting some eighth-grade music club kids from the adjoining middle school heading down the corridor towards her, being a bit rowdy, it was decision time for Ms Lee.

After doing a quick scan for cameras (there wasn't one on that end of the corridor), she took out her school master key for all doors, pulled the door to the courtyard shut and locked it. It was the perfect moment to do so as Molly was stooped down behind a wall over the other side of the courtyard, not noticing for a second that she was being locked in for the night - perhaps the whole weekend - or who was doing it. Ms Lee found it surprisingly easy to do; although she'd struggled a little with the situation, this felt to her like the way that things should be for Molly.