Chapter 8: Mercy dash

As annoying as she found Molly at times, Ms Lee had to be the adult here. The art teacher prepared Molly some basics (bread and butter, fruit and water) that would last her through until Monday morning. 

This was just what the annoying girl deserved to keep her going, the sadistic Ms Lee thought to herself. It made her feel so powerful - after all, she was probably Molly's only hope seeing as the poor girl had no friends anymore?

Arriving at the school just before 10pm, Ms Lee knocked on the door of the janitor Tom's nearby house and spun a good story. Earnestly, the art teacher pleaded that she had left essential work in her classroom that she had to work on for the headmistress ahead of a big meeting on Monday, and just had to get back into the school building.

 Earnestly, the art teacher pleaded that she had left essential work in her classroom that she had to work on for the headmistress ahead of a big meeting on Monday, and just had to get back into the school building

Ms Lee didn't have much sympathy for Molly but wanted to cover herself

Already in his dressing gown and about to go to bed, Tom sighed heavily, then decided he didn't need to go anywhere. He trusted Ms Lee. He gave her the keys to the main door and wrote down the alarm code for her.

"That will get you in. Just bring me back the keys when you're done, and don't be too long," Tom instructed her.

Relieved, Ms Lee let herself into Duniway High - that was an eerie place at this time of night - and headed straight for a corridor with a window out onto the courtyard where Molly was.

The 28-year-old didn't want to open the door to the courtyard in case Molly tried to run off. Instead she'd pass the food supplies out the window to her.

She spotted Molly sitting on the grass scrolling through her phone. All alone. Just where she should be, and how it should be, Ms Lee thought to herself. She's actually cute when she's quiet like this, Ms Lee thought to herself.

Equally, she didn't want to identify herself to Molly, in case that could be used against her later

Equally, she didn't want to identify herself to Molly, in case that could be used against her later. She pulled a balaclava over her head before opening the window and dropping the food supplies on the ground. Hearing the window open, Molly turned around and saw the shadowy figure with their face hidden.

"Nick???? Is that you????", Molly called out anxiously. "How did you...."

Before she could finish the sentence, Ms Lee had shut the window tight and scarpered. The teacher was relieved that Molly mistook her for Nick. Being a small woman it was quite easy to mistake her for a schoolgirl if her face was covered like that.