Handsome

"Wow. Cassandra actually found a boyfriend." Eugene said as he watched Cassandra goofing with with the laundry with Andrew.

"I know! And he's sooo handsome. Isn't he?" She looked at Varian, who was casually making a bird with his rocks.

"He's certainly charming and attractive." Varian said, handing the bird to her. "He seems to make Cassandra happy."

Eugene made a face. "That guy? Handsome? Are you two blind? Look at that facial hair!"

"It's actually rather nicely trimmed and he doesn't have a single hair out of place." Varian pointed out.

"Speaking of..." Rapunzel set the bird down and started to undo Varian's braid to restyle it.

"Thanks, Sundrop." He smiled at her.

"I mean, who is this guy, anyway? I've never seen him before." Eugene said, turning his attention to the other two again.

"His name is Andrew and he's apparently from Vardaros." Varian explained.

"Hey, how great would it be if the five of us all became best friends and did couple-y things all the time together?" Rapunzel asked excitedly.

"Uhhh,'great' isn't the first word to comes to mind." Eugene said, looking exasperated. "Honestly. 'Stomach-churning'. That does.

"Well, Eugene, you don't have to join us." Varian said casually. "I mean, we've already met him, if you don't come along then we skip the whole introduction part."

"As if I'd leave Rapunzel alone with you to join them on a double-date?" Eugene frowned. "Why don't you sit this one out?"

"Between the two of us, who is less likely to upset Cassandra by being insensitive?" Varian raised an eyebrow.

"And that's why you're both coming along!" Rapunzel said cheerfully. "The only problem is, I think Cass is kinda' shy when it comes to admirers. She didn't really want people to know about them, right?" She tied off his braid.

Varian turned to her and shrugged. "I think she was just concerned about her dad finding out."

"Cassandra may be a be a lotta things, and I mean," Eugene chuckled, "a lot of things, but 'shy' ain't one of 'em. You're better off letting her handle this however she sees best."

"I agree with you, to a point." Rapunzel replied.

"And to which point would that be?" Eugene asked her.

"A double-date?" Cassandra turned to Rapunzel in disbelief.

"Yes!" Rapunzel said excitedly. "They're four-person fun machines! Er, well, five, since Varian is coming, too."

"You're bringing Eugene?" Cassandra sighed heavily.

"If I didn't, he'd complain that I'm 'picking favorites'." Rapunzel sighed heavily.

"That's true." Cassandra nodded, then turned back to her wardrobe. "Rapunzel, I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really, r eallydo, but, uh...I'm not at the point where I want to go public. Yesterday was just a Day of Hearts meeting, it's not the same as going on a date, you know, when it's not expected for you to be dating someone or else get flirted with by the drunk cupid."

Rapunzel giggled. "Well, it's not really...you know...public. We can just say we're all friends hanging out! Anyways, I have come up with an itinerary of private activities for us!" She pulled out a rolled-up scroll and let it fall open.