Bake

One good thing about Andrew being around was that Cassandra was too busy flirting with him (gross) to do her daily routine of harassing Eugene. Also, Varian had another nerd to talk to and so he was in the lab with him a lot, so he was with Rapunzel less, so that was actually two things, wasn't it?

Right now, the two nerds were messing with Andrew's hot-air balloon, which Eugene absolutely did not break, and so he was sitting with Rapunzel and listening to her talk excitedly about Attila opening his own bakery soon.

"He's asked if I can be the one to cut the ribbon, instead of my dad!" Rapunzel said excitedly. "I can't wait for him to open his shop! I'm sure he'll be super popular, his baking is amazing!"

"Mmhm." Eugene smiled. He honestly didn't really care, Attila was a good guy and he totally deserved this, but he was just happy to see Rapunzel talking excitedly about something that wasn't Varian for once.

Rapunzel gasped. "We should go and see the shop's location, so we can help him set up when the time comes!" She got up. "I'll go get Varian, he can join us!" She ran off.

Eugene sighed heavily. "...Well, was nice while it lasted." He muttered.

"So, you think that this might make the balloon go faster and farther?" Andrew said as Varian displayed the Flynnoleum.

"Well, we don't know until we try it!" Varian said eagerly.

"Varian?" Rapunzel looked into his lab. "Are you busy?"

Varian looked over. "Rapunzel! Well..." He looked at Andrew.

Andrew chuckled. "Go on, I'm gonna go find Cassandra."

Varian smiled, then put the Flynnoleum away before he walked over to Rapunzel. "What is it, Sundrop?"

"I'm going to go check out the location of Attila's new shop with Eugene! Join us?" She beamed.

He blinked, tilting his head slightly. "Attila...he's one of the ones that helped save you from your tower, right?"

"Right! He's one of my friends that I met my first day out of the tower!" She said cheerfully. "It's his dream to have his own bakery!"

Varian shrugged and nodded. "Okay, let's go."

--

"Is he sure he wants the shop to be here?" Varian asked when Rapunzel brought him and Eugene to see the location of Attila's new shop.

"Uh-huh!" Rapunzel nodded. "Why?"

Varian looked at her. "Why? Rapunzel, look across the street."

Rapunzel looked over and realized that they were right across from Monty's Sweet Shoppe. "...Oh."

"Yeah." Varian nodded. "Look, even if you don't take his reputation into account, no one is going to be going to his shop if Monty's is right there."

"But, it's the only place in the Capital he could put it!" Rapunzel insisted.

Varian sighed and looked at Eugene. "Eugene, you understand the issue, right?"

"Oh, yeah. Competing shops, public interest, all that jazz." He shrugged.

"Well...what can we do?" Rapunzel looked at the empty building.

Varian looked thoughtful. "Can I go talk to Attila?"

Rapunzel looked surprised. "Uhm, sure? Why?"

"He hangs out at the Snuggly Duckling. It's not a place for kids." Eugene said, raising an eyebrow.