Axel

Varian sighed as he ran his hand through his hair. "...She's growing impatient."

The rocks had begun to move again. Slowly, but surely, they were moving, creeping through the woods. The darkness of the Moon's power was starting to overshadow the light of Corona, and there was little he could do to stop it.

"She's not listening to your pleas anymore?" Adira asked.

Varian shook his head. "I don't know how long I can keep them at bay." He held out a hand and focused, summoning his own rocks to rise up and push against the ones coming towards the castle. "It's only a few more months, why is She being so impatient?"

"The Moon may not fully understand the concept of things like 'birthdays' and thinks you're just dragging your feet on the matter." Quirin sighed, shaking his head. "As far as She's concerned, it's been long enough."

Varian groaned. "...Well, hopefully I can keep them at bay long enough." He turned to Adira. "Let's head back now."

"I'll contact you if there's any more movement." Quirin assured him.

Varian nodded and then he and Adira headed off again.

He knew that he had to tell Rapunzel, at the very least, and maybe it was time they told her parents about what they had to do.

Rapunzel hummed to herself as Faith brushed her hair before bed and they both looked over when there was a knock on the door. "Yes?" It couldn't be Eugene, he hardly ever knocked.

"Sundrop? There's something I need to talk to you about."

"Varian?" She smiled. "Come on in, I'm decent."

He opened the door and walked inside, closing it behind him. "Faith? Can we have the room? It's a private matter."

"Oh, okay." She got up, looking at Rapunzel with concern, then headed for the door. Varian opened it for her, then closed it after she left.

"What's the matter?" Rapunzel asked, walking over to him. "You look so...grim."

"The Moon is growing impatient." He said, shaking his head. "I'm using my own rocks to try to hold Hers at bay, but I don't know how long I can do that."

"I thought she was willing to wait for my birthday?" Rapunzel asked.

"Apparently, She's still sending the rocks regardless. I don't know why, all I can figure out is that it's happening and She's getting impatient." Varian took her hands. "Rapunzel...we have to tell your parents."

She sighed and nodded. "...Yeah...we do." She looked at him. "Can it wait until after the money transfer, though? My dad's really stressed about it."

Varian looked thoughtful. "You mean moving the money to the depository on the mainland?"

She nodded. "Yes. It's always really stressful, because crime just seems to hike up around this time of year, he said."

"Okay." He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Once things calm down, we can."

She giggled a bit and kissed his lips. "You should be getting to bed. Moon or not, you're active during the day."

"This is true." He yawned. "And I am tired."

She giggled. "Then, you should head to bed, and I'll see you at breakfast."

He smiled and nodded, then released her hands and walked over to the door. "Well, then," he opened the door, "I'll see you tomorrow." He gave a sweeping bow before he left.

Rapunzel giggled and waved after him. Faith came in shortly after he left and then they continued getting her ready for bed.