Prolouge

Disclaimer: This book is writing by a teenager so don't judge if there are grammar and spelling mistakes. Im not expecting anyone to read this it's just for fun. I also will be editing a bunch of stuff so don't be surprised if things slightly change, like the book cover and stuff like that. Ok, now enough of me, and get to reading!

It was cold. Freezing. I could feel the frostbite forming on my fingertips and toes. I slowly wrapped my cloak tighter around me and looked down at the nearly frozen baby in my arms. Her lips were blue and  trembling. I needed to get home fast, the blizzard was getting worse.

As I tracked through the snow I recapped what just happened. The Queens butler ran out carrying a small infant and pushed it into my arms. "Heather, take her. The Queen wants her gone."

I gasped. "Her own daughter?"

"She wanted a prince to take the crown. Not a princess." Wilbert replied.

"That's absurd!"

"Take her. No one can know she's the Queens daughter. Hide her, and don't let her leave. People will be after her."

"After her? Why?"

"Because if she bears another daughter, she is going to be the next ruler. Unless she decides not to she will hand down the throne to a distant cousin on her step moms side."

"Step mom? So this baby and the cousin don't even share the same blood?"

"Correct."

"So then why would they be after her."

"Because she's the rightful ruler."

"Oh. But wha-"  I was cut off when Wilbert pushed me behind a horse and wagon. Soldiers walked by and stopped by Wilbert.

"How did you get rid of her?" The one in the lead asked.

"I threw her over the bridge. The water is freezing now that its winter, and the baby can't swim. There's no way she's alive."

The solider nodded. "The Queen will be pleased." They marched away.

Wilbert turned to me and whispered harshly; "Go. Now."

_____

I made it. Im home. I lit the lantern when I walked in the door to my cottage and lit the coals in the fireplace. I set the baby next to it and wrapped it in some warm blankets.

"Now what should I call you?" I whispered to myself.

My puppy, Foxy came running in, with a long strand of ivy wrapped on his nose. I laughed at the sight. Foxy went over and peered at the little human in wonder. Then he licked her cheek. The baby opened her eyes and laughed, she reached up and grabbed on the strand of ivy on his nose.

"You know what? I think I'll call you Ivy."