Chapter 3- Mission

The rest of the day I hung out with Brice, he is a really nice guy. If even bought us food afterwards and it was so good. The rest of the week I continued to hang out and practice with him he was begging to be my best friend.

"Ivy, Brice." A serious voice said from behind us as we were shooting a bow and arrow at targets. I lowered by bow and turned around to see Ida.

"Hi Ida." I said with a warm smile. She smiled back for a split second then turned her expression serious again.

"You two are going to be joining me on the missions tomorrow. Rest up and meet me at these coordinates," She handed me a slip of paper. "At 7 am sharp. Don't be late." With that she turned and walked away before we could ask questions.

Brice turned to me and smiled but I didn't return it. He picked up on my nervousness.

"What's wrong?" He asked, grabbing my wrist.
"N-nothing." I stammered, as soon as he touched me I had butterflies I'm my stomach. I played with my bracelet some more.

"Come on Ivy, you can tell me." Brice said in a low voice. I looked into his hazel eyes and he stared right back. "I won't judge. My first mission too on a squad team."

"I just, I don't know how I feel about killing someone. Or what if I get killed? Or you? I don't know, and since I'm a princess or something is this really for me? I mean... what's the point?" I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

He sighed, and loosened his grip around my wrist and moved it down to my hand. "It's ok, it's our first time. We also won't get killed, Ida and the other people will help us so we won't be alone. You also wouldn't survive out there without the UAA. But we will be ok, we will find our place here. It will be ok." Hearing him speak calmed my nerves a bit.

"Ok." I whispered, now looking at the ground.

Brice smiled and then we walked to the elevator and went up to the story where out rooms were. All while never letting go of our hands. We separated when we got to our rooms.

______

Brice and I drove to the coordinats Ida told us. I was dressed in leggings, a black T shirt with a zip up hoodie. I had a gun in my pocket, along with knives. I had my bow in my hand and my arrows in a quiver slung around my back. Brice had black jeans on and a dark gray T shirt.

The coordinates that Ida send us lead us to a little coffee shop. I looked at Brice with a puzzled look and he just shrugged and got out of the car. I did the same.

We walked in and it was a cute little place. The walls were white brick with cool black and and white pictures of farm animals. The menu was on a chalkboard and it smelled really good. I looked around and saw Ida at a table with two other people. She was in deep conversation with them. When she saw Brice and I, she smiled and waved us over.

We went over to the table and sat down.

"Ok guys, so this mission is probably going to be dangerous. Another assassin group is going to steal cars from a local dealership. We don't know why but we do know that they are planning something or need parts." Ida said with a serious look on her face.

Car dealership? Thats random. What were these guys planning?

I looked at Brice and he returned a confused look. Ida then nodded and walked out. The others following behind her, same with us. We got back in the car and drove off to the dealership.

It was about a half an hour drive, and the whole time me and Brice didn't say a word to each other. He just drove and I looked out the window. I kind of wonder what he is thinking right now. When we pulled into the dealership no one else was there. But the building didnt look broken into and none of the vehicles parked on the outside looked stolen. Did we get here before them?

Brice stopped the car and got out, I did the same. The others were already out of the car. I didnt know their names, or anyone else for that matter rather then Ida and Brice.

"Looks like we beat them here." Brice said, walking over to a blue Ford pickup and examining it.

"Maybe." Ida said, with a thoughtful look on her face.

"Or maybe... they were never coming here." I spoke my thoughts out loud. The sun was getting pretty hot just standing here.

"What makes you say that?" One of the guys turned to me.

"I mean, think about it. Why would they tell us they are going to rob a dealership? Or let that information out so easily. Also dont you think they would have already done it before the information got leaked?" I said.

"Ok thats true, but then what  are they actually doing right now?" A girl stated, with her hand on her hip.

"Thats what we need to figure out."

Hey. Sorry for such a short chapter, but this is kind of setting the stage a bit for everything else thats gonna happen.