Chapter 5 - Love At First Fight

He was staring right at me. Could he see through the window? Oh gosh I hope not. "Guys, go around the corner and theres a ladder on the wall, climb up it and stay there then pull the ladder up there with you. Don't come down till I say."  They nodded and looked at me with fearful eyes.

My hands were shaking as I turned the doorknob. He seen me, so I mean no use in hiding. Just have to keep those people safe. The knives in my pockets felt like they were burning and my fingertips itched to reach for them as I opened the door. Now he was walking towards me. Great.

My boots made a crunching sound from the worn down gravel on the path. I took a deep breath. Does he have any weapons on? Who is this guy? What am I doing again. Well, too late now.

"Hey. Who are you and what are you doing here?" I stopped about twenty feet in front of him, and swung my braid around my back and put my hand on my hip. The man stopped and pulled the cloaks hood down so I could see his face. He had tussled blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Freckles dotted across his nose and cheeks and his jawline was pretty sharp.

"Oh Ivy. You haven't heard about me?" He said, running his fingers through his hair and giving me a sheepish grin. My heart stopped and my eyes widened. My hand shot down to the pocket where I had my gun in and the other to the knives.

"You're, you're Chase. Aren't you." I stammered. Now my leg was shaking and he was walking closer to me. I swallowed and tilted my chin up and took a step back as he was now a few feet in front of me. My hands were still ready to grab my weapons. Right now he looks defenseless, but the cloak could be hiding a lot.

"Oh so you have heard about me? I think Im doing pretty good then if the princess has heard about me." He winked at me and smiled.

I grimaced. "Well then I must be doing pretty good if the famous teenage killer knows about me."

Chase raised an eyebrow. "So you are working for the UAA? Isn't that tough for a pretty little princess like you? What kind of blackmail did they use to get you to do their dirty work."

"They didn't blackmail me to do anything, and Im tougher then you think." I shot back at him, glaring. Why is he talking to me? And how come he thinks he has the right to just stroll up to my house? This kid got some nerve.

"Ivy, they want something from you." He took another step forward and grabbed my arm. He had a strong grip, I tried to turn away but he kept me in place. "Thats how it works. They are probably going to turn you in for the money, and you will either die or be the next queen." Now Im sick of hearing him talk. In a quick motion I grabbed one of my knives with my free hand and tore back is cloak, and held my knife above his  heart. I clenched my jaw and stared into his eyes.

"If they want something from me, then I will figure it out for myself. You think I'm going to believe you of all people? And I joined because I want to be here. To eventually take you down." As I was talking my blade was slowly cutting his white T shirt underneath, and a bit of red was showing through. Chase didn't flinch or even look away from me.

"You don't know what you're doing. Or who you are messing with." He leaned down and whispered in my hear. It gave me chills down my spine. I had enough of this guy.

I tucked my blade into the palm of my hand and punched Chase across the jaw. He let go of my arm and took a few steps back and wiped his mouth with his hand. He looked at his hand, now bloody and so was his chin. "You can really pack a punch." He smiled.

Ugh, what is this guys problem? I walked towards him and then stabbed my knife into his shoulder. Chase didn't even move. His blue eyes showed no fear or anger. He was calm and collected. Me on the other hand, not so much. Now deciding that he wasn't really a threat, I turned away and walked back to the cottage, listening behind me if he decided to follow.

Suddenly his hands were on my waist and he spun me around so fast my hair whipped me in the face. I stared up at him. We were so close. I could see his freckles, and the patterns of his eyes in clear detail.

"Now, I can't just let you get away. A cutie like you should come back with me and never lift a finger." He said with a smirk.

"Thats cute, but I don't think so." I tore one of his hands off my waist. I really don't like my hips being touched.

"Come on, you know you want me."

"Um sorry but I prefer guys that don't have one of my knives sticking out of their shoulder. And we were just fighting, and we have to kill each other eventually."

Chase sighed and looked at the ground. "Well, from now on I won't be taking it easy on you."

"Take it easy on me? Please don't flatter yourself." I reached up and ruffled his hair and smirked. What he's not the only one that can flirt.

"Well, till next time, sweetheart." Chase said with a half grin and pulled the knife from his shoulder. His white t shirt more red. You know, with the jeans and shirt he had on he kinda looks like a normal teenage boy, not some killer. "Here you are." He gently placed it in my hand. "A little souvenir." With that he turned and walked down the little dirt path, grabbed his cloak on the way back which was on the ground.

He turned around smiled and waved. I smiled too and turned around and then rolled my eyes. "What an idiot."