𝟹

֎֍֎֍

⧗ A few days later ⧗

As each day passed Maisie saw Jacob get more and more tired so by the 4th day she, of course, became skeptical of (Y/N) (L/N) she's seen (Y/N) sit up just fine and even has seen her try to stand then fall back on the bed. Maisie is just wondering if shes being honest with the whole forgetting everything image shes playing into.

One morning, after bringing (Y/N) some breakfast Jacob exits and Maisie stands in front of him once the door is closed. "I ain't trust her if I were you, Jacob." Maisie crosses her arms. Jacob looks at her and chuckles softly. "Why not?" he says walking to go eat breakfast for himself.

Maisie sits across from him. "Well, think of it! This random lady washes up on our shores and says she's forgotten most of her life and has a deep sharp slash in her side. What if she's running from someone, say the law, or a gang of evil ghost hunters? It's just ridiculous." Maisie says, gesturing with her hands every now again.

Jacob of course listens, but just sighs, having a feeling this would happen. "Maisie, you and I both know that if she were to do anything she would have done it by now." he comforted. Handing her a plate as he continued "Besides, she won't be able to do much because of that there wound of hers, makes it hard to walk."

Maisie looks down at the ground and begins eating slowly. Her eyebrows slightly furrowed in thought. Jacob sat down and ate too. Then he looks at Maisie and opens his mouth to speak when there's a sudden loud thud coming from his room.

He tells Maisie to stay put as he heads to the room when he enters (Y/N) sits on the wooden ground, struggling to get up. She feels Jacob's presence and says "I can get back up myself, I ain't need your help." she says, trying to push herself off the ground.

Jacob leans against the door frame watching her "you sure? You look like a fish out of water." he joked. (Y/N) sighed and pushed harder. Reaching back to when she's standing and chuckling triumphantly. "See sideburns! I did it without your he-ELP" she shouts as she falls back down onto her knees after trying to take a step.

Jacob grimaces as she falls again, and he walks over to her. He kneels down next to her grabbing her hand. "Push up with your legs alright?" she looks up at him and then reluctantly obliges. She pushes up with her legs and when she's standing he leans back down and lifts up her legs bridal style.

(Y/N), in sudden panic, wraps her arms around Jacob tightly. Jacob is focused on his task of resting her back on the bed as he speaks. "Is there anything wrong with your legs? Numbness or anything of the sort?" Jacob finishes as he rests her legs on the soft surface.

He kneels next to the bed to be face to face with the familiar stranger. (Y/N) shakes her head in silent discontent. She then snaps her face to him "I was feeling my side last night when I realized, you sutured me?" she says, one hand on the stitched up side.

Jacob looks at her hand and then at her face. "It's a surprise that you remember what suturing is. Seeing as you forgot everything else." He says, his voice getting low and his eyes narrowing with a cocked head and a raised brow.

The wounded woman sat up in a bit of a fit of anger "everything? Quite the hyperbole Jake." She furrowed her eyebrows. Jacob takes a deep long breath and points at her in frustration "you ain't calling me that. It's Jacob, you got it?" He says standing up.