𝟺

֎֍֎֍

The next few days were different, to say the least. With (Y/N) leaving the room every now and again. She and Jacob spoke a lot more, becoming quite acquainted. Maisie sort of avoids her when she does this, at least until she has to interact with her.

Today, of course, was one of those days. Maisie had learned to tolerate the lady up to this point and her small pestering of Jacob died down to just a look she gave him. She still never said she liked (Y/N) just seeing them interact gave her little hope.

Maisie found herself chasing after blue, he had one of her boots in his mouth and was just playing with her. Maisie stopped when she suddenly heard the door to Jacob's room open. She instantly hid under the nearest table.

(Y/N) hobbled her way out of the room, gently closing the door. She went around the house checking the rooms when she started towards the front door. Maisie shoots out from under the table, feeling some sort of duty to keep an eye on (Y/N) while Jacob is gone.

"Where do you think you're going?" Maisie said, her voice was loud and definitely attempting to be intimidating. (Y/N) stopped in place, turning to the young justice. Maisie crosses her arms, "well?" she said.

The crutch creaked as (Y/N) turned to Maisie. "Uh...just outside...you're Maisie, right?" She asks. She plants her feet so as to not scare the girl away. Maisie takes a step forward, however. "Aye, and you're (Y/N)." She states confidently.

Maisie stands still as (Y/N) awkwardly shuffles her feet. She then nods "uuuuh, can I go now?" She asis, leaning on the crutch. Maisie watches her do this and furrows her eyebrows. "Why do you need a crutch? Your leg ain't broken," she says.

(Y/N) stared at Maisie, adjusting the crutch under her armpit. "well, lass, my wound is a bit deep and I will need this to lean on if I ever feel severe pain, not only do I have something to lean on, but something to help me back to bed. Now can I please go outside?" she pleads.

Maisie adjusts her dress as she walks closer to (Y/N) "I ain't trust you." (Y/N) seems to be unsurprised by that statement. Maisie takes a deep breath, "but if Jacob trusts you then so will I." she says sternly. Maisie feels something in her stomach twist, and she's always known to trust her gut.

(Y/N) stares at the small individual and then turns to the door. "You want to come with?" she says as she turns back to Maisie. The fluffy-haired girl seemed startled by the invitation. (Y/N) suddenly felt uncomfortable "o-only if you want to, don't think about it as me forcing you."

Maisie huffed, walking to the front door and opening it. "Aye, but only because if Jacob ain't watching you. I am." (Y/N) chuckles. (Y/N) made her way outside. Maisie not too far behind her.

(Y/N) walks over to the dock, her hand tight on the crutch. She then slowly sat down at the end of the dock. Maisie standing behind her. Blue then popped his head out from behind Maisie, with the boot in his mouth.

Maisie snatches it out of his mouth and puts it on. She sits next to (Y/N) and blue hops in between the two. (Y/N) gasps quietly as Blue looks up at her. Maisie places a hand on Blue's head and then brings her knees up to her chin.

After seeing this, (Y/N) placed her hand on Blue's head as well, rubbing it gently. "Hm...what's his name?" Maisie continues to look forward as she answers "Blue..." she mumbles. (Y/N) smiles "cute name." she says as Blue lays on the dock and goes to sleep.

Maisie looks at (Y/N) her gaze is planted on the little fish. Maisie's smile grows as an idea pops in her head. "Do you want to know the story of how I met Blue?" (Y/N) looks up at her and nods. Maisie then tells the story.

(Y/N) laughs as Maisie finishes the story. "Jacob didn't like him at first. He didn't even like red!" she giggled as she trailed off, (Y/N) looked at Maisie, leaning back. "Red?" Maisie's eyes light up at the mention of the sea monster's name. She nods and looks down at the water.

"Aye! Red is me best friend! She's the reason Jacob and I are so close. Originally "The Red Bluster" she was seen as a beast. All sea monsters were. At least until I stood up for red, and now she's safe. Jacob changed over those few days. From monster hunter to...Jacob."

Maisie finishes with a bittersweet smile. (Y/N) smiles at the young lady. She then looks out at the water. "Tell me about Jacob." she says, "what's he like?" she asks. Maisie looks at (Y/N) for a moment and then taps a finger on her chin. "I aint really know how to explain him." She criss-crosses her legs on the dock.

Maisie then takes a deep breath, "he's really nice, at least when he wants to be. He's also very prideful and is extremely stubborn." she proclaims. (Y/N) listens closely as she goes into more information.

☞Later☜

Jacob walks back with a bag over his shoulder. Hearing laughter in the distance. "What the..." he whispers. He then finds his way back to the house and sees Maisie and (Y/N) having a laugh on the docks.

Maisie laughed "it took him so long to take it out of his nose!" (Y/N) wiped a tear from her eye as the laughter died down. Maisie and her both heard the docks creak. Then a shadow emerged over the two of them. (Y/N) looks up to see Jacob over her, and Maisie sees him too.

Jacob raises a brow with a bit of a smile "Maisie, ain't you supposed to be getting ready for bed?" Maisie flops her arms groaning. She stands up regardless, hugging (Y/N) quickly and walking back inside. (Y/N) chuckles, and tries to stand up, grunting as a bit of pain causes her to stop.

Jacob leans down and puts his hands under (Y/N)'s armpits and lifts her up. She plants her feet gently on the dock. As Jacob retrieves her Crutch and hands it to her. "So I'm going to guess Maisie fancies you now," he says as he starts walking back to the house. (Y/N) shrugs. Jacob laughs. They make their way inside, and head to bed.

Maisie learned that (Y/N) isn't what she seems, and that the fates had to have sent her.

֎֍֎֍