𝟷𝟹

֎֍֎֍

    (Y/N) smiled as she walked with Jacob, Maisie, and blue. Running a hand over her skull before she dropped them to her sides. A content sigh passing her lips. Jacob looked at her with the basket in his hands "bored already?" (Y/N) shook her head at the question.

    "Quite the opposite, I'm enjoying the quiet. Especially after the monster incident. Yesterday" She admitted, Jacob slowed his pace to walk beside her, and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You did good, and the beast wasn't hurt," he said quietly.

    (Y/N) thought for a moment "thanks, Jacob." The two stayed close for a moment longer. They both continued walking until they both heard voices from the distance. Maisie kept walking with Blue in her arms. Jacob Walked further, stopping when (Y/N) stopped. He encouraged her to keep going. She continued forward with a smile.

    Jacob and (Y/N) met Maisie at the start of a small cozy Market. The town folk passed through. Maisie looked to Jacob, and Jacob waved his hand, allowing her the chance to run off. Once far enough Jacob turns to (Y/N).

    "This place is a lot smaller than I thought it'd be." (Y/N) said as she stepped forward. Jacob followed her with a soft chuckle. "Perks of living in a small community" they continue walking together for a while until someone calls Jacob's name.

    "Jacob. Holland. It's good to see you roaming the town again!" They turned their heads, Instantly Jacob went over, patting (Y/N)'s shoulder to follow him. Jacob shrugged as he responded. "Well, I promised a friend I'd help them stock up on fruit last time I was here." The stranger grinned.

    As they spoke (Y/N)'s eyes began to wander.  Starting from the sky down to the usual trees, the cozy warm atmosphere made her intrigued. She remembered the dream she had last night. A chill ran down her spine as she thought about it. She should really start writing those down.

   She snapped back into reality when she heard the conversation being directed at her. "Who's this Lovely lass huh?" The stranger asked. In response (Y/N) smiled awkwardly. Jacob pulled her closer to his shoulder and introduced her. (Y/N) flushing at the sudden action. "James this is (Y/N) she's staying for the time being." Jacob smiles awkwardly after that statement. James puts his hand out to her.

    James' grin never ceases from his expression. "Well, (Y/N), I'm James, your most trusted salesman of trinkets!" when (Y/N) takes his hand, he shakes it firmly. Once their hands separate he gestures to his stand. "Plenty of stuff shows up on shore, and when it does I'm the first one to get it!" (Y/N) internally chuckles at that.

    I think you missed something. She thought, referring to herself. James then hands her a tiny book that seems to have been almost destroyed by water damage. "Because it's your first visit, you get something free from me! Show all your friends!" he said enthusiastically. (Y/N) grabs it.

    Jacob smiled down at her, then squinted at James "you didn't give me anything free when I first arrived." James laughs nervously, shrugging his shoulders as he pulls back his hair. "well, you- uh- I didn't-...(Y/N)! Are you enjoying the luxuries of living with THE Jacob Holland?" Jacob raised his eyebrows at the deflection of the question.

    (Y/N) was toying with the dried out pages in the journal when she looked up at him. "Jacob? It's been nice actually. I didn't know he was famous enough to be called "THE Jacob Holland" however." (Y/N) looks up at Jacob who seems a bit bashful about the title, and mutters to (Y/N) that they try not to talk about it at home.

    James smiled at (Y/N)'s remark. Then notices another set of patrons entering the town. "Oh! Well look at that! It was lovely meeting you (Y/N) I wish you lovely travels!" Jacob sighs and starts walking again. (Y/N) following with a raised eyebrow. "James is quite eccentric." she says. Jacob looks down at her, then straight ahead once more "it's mostly because of the new company, he's a kind man full of wit when you get to know him." He smirks down at her.