𝟷𝟸

֎֍֎֍

The ship swayed slightly as a young hunter sat in her bed and read a history book. It was about the kings and queens of the years before, and the earliest hunters on the seas putting an end to the dark ages. She was reading when suddenly her wrist became itchy to a painful point.

    She hissed as she grabbed it. Staring at the mark on her arm. The pain ceases after a while and she whispers to herself "you're supposed to be healed by now." She groans. She looks back at her book then shrugs, putting it away. She shuffled off of her bed and pulled her jacket over her body, followed by her shoes over her feet, and her gloves over her hands.

    She walks out of her cabin and into the bustling port that was her ship, and she scurried past a few to the taffrail of the ship, she gripped it as she threw her head over the side and let the wind blow on her face. "You hang on tight, you hear me Mercy?" She looked up at the familiar voice nearby, and they walked close.

    "Hello, first mate Robin, it's good to see you're still on your feet!" She says, her voice never wavering. Robin walks up beside her, reciprocating her words as he scratches her head affectionately. Then pulling her close to his side. "How's your arm?" She spit out her tongue and Robin got the message.

    Robin stares out at the ocean then turns to the girl again, "how's captain?" he asks, his voice being more level and calm. The girl shrugged, and leaned her head on the wooden surface of the taffrailing. Robin sighed and looked out on the water. His eyes went wide as he got an idea.

    "Come on Mercy, let me show you something."  Robin said as he walked to the main mast. Grabbing a hold of the rope and climbing up. The girl looks up at him as he climbs, he climbs into the crows nest, then looks down at her. "Mercy? What's the matter, plum?"

    She frowns and stares up "I'm not allowed to go up to the nest. I also don't like heights." Robin laughed, throwing a good down to her. His hands fastened to the rope as if they were melted into it. "Come on! I'm the safest hunter on this ship! I'll keep you safe." The girl stared the rope down, partially glaring at the idea of falling. She grabbed it.

    She panicked when she began to rise up, her eyes shut. She opened her eyes a tad, staring out at the deep blue hues surrounding their old ship. She smiled, and looked down, fighting the urge to scream as a chill went down her spine. Too high.

    She felt her shirt get grabbed and she was pulled into the nest. She laid on the floor as Robin took a deep breath through his nose "Mercy, look! The sun is starting to set!" She stood up, and stared out into the beast infested waters. Then at the setting sun in the distance. She was speechless.

    Robin patted her back, "Captain is going to kill me for taking you up this high, but ain't that prove to her that I'm a loyal first mate to the both of you? Maybe my logic is a bit...Astranged, however I'm not wrong. Right Mercy?" She's still staring at the sun, but robin grabs her shoulders.

    "Mercy...I hate to say it, but I don't think I'd want to be first mate anymore with all these rules. I think i"d rather be free in a port somewhere. Tell me you understand." Robin seems a tad bit desperate. The girl stands startled. She nods.

    The two stayed at the top of the world for a while, at least until Mercy heard supper being called. She went after Robin down the main mast to make sure she didn't fall. The two walked below deck to feast on the prepared dinner.

    They entered an alive room, full of characters left and right. The girl walked around for a while until she heard her name. "Mercy! Be a dear and get me another drink?" someone yelled. Followed by another. Soon Mercy was overwhelmed by the shouting crew. Until the captain chimed in.