𝟻

֎֍֎֍

The ship sways gently as a captain watches over the crew. The sky was blue and littered with clouds. The captain's head snaps down at the sound of quickened footsteps. A woman breathes heavily as she makes it to the top.

"Captain!" she yells. Said captain had eyes as blue as the glistening waters, a scar grazing from their temple to the corner of their lips, the rest of their skin being rough and dirty. The captain turned to the girl. "Mercy! Dear, what's troubling you?"

Mercy heaves heavily. "Well, I just wanted to let you know we're about to pass into Whiterock territory." she leaned against a rope. the captain frowned, turning to the steer. "Turn around! just about 90 degrees will do piere!" the captain turned away.

The ship slowly began to turn. Captain smiled and looked out on the water. Mercy smiled at her captain and then smelled the ocean waters as if we were drowning. Her throat filled with water, and then in the blink of an eye, she was drowning. Then black engulfed her body.

꧁፨༺༻፨꧂

(Y/N) opened her eyes. Her throat felt dry as she sat up slowly. She groans, placing a hand on her throat. She looked around the room and then wiped the crust from her eyes. Yawning loudly as she placed her feet on the floor. She stood up and looked for her crutch, seeing it at the end of the bed. She retrieves it and heads out of the room.

She realizes she's the first to wake up when she sees Jacob still asleep on the couch. She then continues on her way to make breakfast. She looks around and finds a few eggs and immediately knows what to make.

☞moments later☜

Jacob wakes up to the smell of eggs being cooked and instantly sits up. He stood up slowly so as to not make himself dizzy and made his way to the cooking area. He turns the corner and is surprised to see (Y/N) making breakfast.

(Y/N) quietly whistled as she looked up and saw a spice she needed a bit too high from where she was standing. She frowned distastefully and began to adjust herself on her crutch. Pushing up on it to make herself taller, and failing to do so.

She was really trying when suddenly she felt a hand on her left shoulder and was startled by an arm reaching for the spice overhead. once it was gone, She turned and Jacob stood there holding the spice in his hand with two raised brows. "what are you doing?" He asked.

(Y/N) groaned, reaching for the spice "give it back." She says in a tired melancholy tone. Jacob placed his hand back on her shoulder, to keep her from reaching. "Lass, you could hurt yourself if you reach too far." He said, chuckling lightly at her tries and failures to grab the spice.

She then looked down and used her crutch to hit him in the stomach. His arms drop at the action as he coughs out in pain. (Y/N) snatches the spice and puts some of it on the eggs. Jacob then peeks over her shoulder to see what she's making. He hums when he realizes it's eggs.

Jacob then dodges her as she turns with the spatula in hand waving it around, probably hoping to hit him. "What's with you this morning? Making breakfast so early." Jacob asks, leaning against a wall. (Y/N) plainly shrugs. She then takes the pan off the fire and places it on the table, dishing out the eggs onto plates.

Jacob grabs a plate and looks at you, "thank you," he says with a small grin. (Y/N) nods. The sound of a door opening followed by footsteps causes the two to look straight towards Maisie's room. Maisie walks out wiping away the tired from her eyes and holding a still asleep Blue in her arms. "Morning."

"Morning!" Jacob says, and (Y/N) can't help but laugh at the thought of Jacob being a morning person. Maisie sits down at the table and Jacob across from her. (Y/N) looks at the table and Jacob realizes what's wrong, "come along, sit, we don't bite." Jacob says comfortingly.

When (Y/N) hears this she smiles, sitting down in a chair next to Jacob and Maisie. The table is mostly quiet, at least until Maisie starts talking. "I taught Blue a new trick last night." She says as she eats her food. Jacob looks at her. "Oh really? Don't talk with your mouth full." He says, finishing it off with a parental remark on swallowing before speaking.

(Y/N) found herself intrigued by this sudden topic. But her mind is cluttered and unfocused. She of course tries to listen, but is brought back to the dream. Her head hurts just trying to remember it all. When she looks up her eyes are on Jacob, but only for a moment when her thoughts change.

He's listening to Maisie's every word, and is genuinely interested. He's a good father, and an amazing medic. She'd hate to admit it, but the suturing really helped her. Actually, she'd never admit any of the thoughts she'd manage to think of him. Some of it being downright embarrassing.

He'd helped her for so long, and for what? For her to stay a deadbeat unwanted guest? She just felt like there's something else she could do to help- "hey (Y/N)?" her thoughts were interrupted by Maisie. "Hm? Oh yes?" She recovers.

Maisie seems brighter and more awake than before, (Y/N) felt a tad jealous. "Would you like to read one of my books? I was thinking it may help get your memory back." She said kindly. (Y/N) smiled "of course, Maisie that'd be so kind of you." She said, and this triggers Maisie to jump out of the chair and hurry to her room.

While she's gone, Jacob feels like he can speak up. "What's on your mind?" He asks. (Y/N) snaps her head in his direction. She laughs awkwardly. "Nothing, but uh...how much cooler Maisie is than you~" she said jokingly, but Jacob still seemed to be stuck on his previous question.

(Y/N) cleared her throat, and let out a big sigh. "Is there anything you need help with? It's been killing me not having anything to do let alone being a guest without invitation." She said, her eyebrows point up and knot together.

Jacob leans back, and crosses his arms. "Well, I would like you to relax for the time being, until that wound heals up, and after that..." Jacob trails off, looking down at the table. (Y/N) seems unappreciative of his response, but just stays quiet.

Maisie returns with a few books. "Here! They each have a lot of history, and I made sure to tear out the pages that weren't exactly accurate." She says. (Y/N) takes one of the books and opens it. Flipping through the pages. Maisie smiles "oh look! There's red!" She pointed at a page just before it passed.

Maisie looked up at her, "I really hope you get to meet her one day! Oh and also look!" She grabs a journal from under the rest of the books. "I put my journal in there for good measure." She hands the journal to (Y/N).

(Y/N) holds the books gently. "You're quite the historian, and by the looks of your journal, quite the artist too" Maisie flushed shyly. She then stuffs her face with the last of her eggs and runs back to the room. (Y/N) giggled and turned to Jacob.

"She's a cute kid, confusing too." she said, Jacob smirked, looking at his plate. (Y/N) then leaned forward, and folded her arms over one another as she leaned on the table. "She's got a great role model too." she says. Jacob looks at her and blushes.

He clears his throat "well, I wouldn't say I'm great, but thank you." the two smile at each other for a moment. She stammers on her next words as she stands up "uh...well, I should get to reading" she chuckles.

Jacob stands and quickly grabs the books. "Here, let me help you." he grins, and the two of them head down to the room, talking.

֎֍֎֍