A Kiss and A Call

"Uh-oh I'm freaking out! I'm freaking out!" Cat's voice was filling the whole apartment. Ugh what time is it. Sam glanced up towards the alarm clock. It was too early for her to be waking up plus she was out late last night trying to find where she had left her bike. It took hours before she was back and once she went through the door she collapsed onto the pullout bed Cat had set up for her.

"Cat it's 7 in the morning. Shut it!" she moaned and rolled over onto her side.

"Sam! Sam! I'm going to be late! I can't be late or I'll get in trouble and I don't want to get in trouble because it makes me sad." She moved over to where the blonde was lying and noticed Sam seemed angry. Cat's immediate reaction was to reach out and engulf her in a hug. Hm there's that vanilla scent again... A tiny smile tugged at Sam's lips but she managed to fight it off.

"What are you doing? I'm trying to get some sleep here!" she grunted and pushed the other girl away as she moved onto her other side with her back facing Cat. She felt like she had just denied a free buffet but after she relaxed a bit the feeling went away. Cat began to sigh heavily in an obvious attempt to get the blonde's attention. "What exactly am I suppose to do Cat?" Sam muttered into her pillow. Cat didn't reply and for a second Sam thought she had given up on her whining. She turned around and saw Cat's small figure sitting at the edge of the sofa couch with her head turned down.

"Hey red don't look so upset. Its just school it's not going to kill you to be late...or you could not go at all. There you go! Problem solved just stay here." Cat turned to face Sam with sadness in her eyes and a pushed out lower lip, which Sam found kind of attractive. If they were in a different situation she could see herself just pulling Cat into her arms and nibbling at that lower lip until the nibbles turned into kisses. Gosh I have to stop thinking like this. "Hey Cat...I guess...I could give you a ride." Sam had lost but she didn't completely mind after she saw the reaction that had sparked on Cat's face. Smiles, giggles, and hugs. It was definitely too much for Sam. "Come on before I change my mind!" Sam yelled causing Cat to jump up and wait by the door for Sam to get ready.

They left the apartment and arrived at Sam's motorcycle. Cat grabbed the pink helmet being tossed to her and strapped it on watching as the other girl did the same. Sam started it up waiting for Cat to get on so that they could take off.

"Um Sam...can I put my hands here?" Cat questioned as she wrapped her arms around Sam's warm body. It felt so right and so calming to be there, their two bodies touching and being so close. Her tummy fluttered and she was embarrassed but glad that the blonde couldn't see the blush on her face.

"That's fine." Sam shouted over the wind and cars. Her hands are on me. I don't know why I feel so happy inside. She focused on the road and tried to ignore the distracting feeling of Cat's arms around her waist.

They arrived at the entrance of Hollywood Arts and Cat quickly released her grip on Sam and hoped off the bike. "Thanks Sam." Cat said as she handed the helmet back to her. "Oh one more thing. Can you take your helmet off for a second?"

Sam didn't know what the red haired girl was up to but she went along with it taking her helmet off.

"Sure thing kid. What do you-" She didn't know how it happened, but it all felt like time had moved by so fast. Her face was in Cat's hands and next thing she knew soft...soft lips met her forehead. She could feel the blush escape and all she wanted to do was lower Cat's face so that their lips could meet. She was walking away before Sam got the chance to. Already near the entrance of the school Cat waved one last goodbye and disappeared through the doors before Sam could even respond to anything.

Her heart was racing and her body was filled with so many emotions. She couldn't possibly fall for Cat so quickly right? She thought to herself keeping her eyes on the motorcycle handles that her hands were gripping hard. Ever since she first laid eyes on Cat she knew there was some kind of attachment and being with her just strengthened it. She might seem dumb but Sam knew there was more to this mysterious girl. Sam craved her, wanted her, and she knew she'd do anything to get her.

She pulled her helmet on and drove off following the road with no destination in mind. Her head filled with unanswered questions, thoughts, and a memory of the girl's soft lips. She touched her forehead wondering if the precious kiss Cat had left was still there.

Sam needed to clear her mind and distract herself from all the things that had happened since she met Cat. What better way then food? Food was always the answer for her and thinking back she didn't really get a chance to have some breakfast. She stopped at a local food joint that seemed promising and walked in ordering almost one of everything on their menu. A beep of her phone interrupted her relaxing meal and the name that lit up the screen made her cringe.

Why now? If I wanted to talk I would've called...

With a click of a button she pulled the phone closer to her ear.

"Sam...I'm sorry about what happened and I want you back. Do you think you could forgive me for what I did?"