Always Interrupted

"Sam...I'm sorry about what happened and I want you back. Do you think you could forgive me for what I did?"

"Why did you call me I'm busy!" Sam spat out with anger. She put down her burger and relaxed into the seat. Her fist was balled up and her knuckles were turning white. "I thought you got the hint that I didn't want to talk when I left."

"I know I'm the last person you want to talk to but I swear I mean it when I say I want you back. I made a mistake and I want you back here in Seattle." The voice on the phone begged.

"Shut it Fred-bag I don't want to hear it." Calling him names always released some of her stress and in her head there were many insults that wanted to escape the only thing that stopped her from letting them out was her hate for causing scenes in public.

"You can't shut me out. Admit it...you felt a connection between us to right? If you hadn't seen the goodbye kiss Carly and I shared we would've been here together right now." You could hear the arrogance in his voice like he assumed she'd just crawl back to him with one little phone call.

"Are you kidding me right now! You seriously think I'll just go back to you now. I can forgive Carly because she had to actually touch your lips with hers but not you..." She looked down at her shoes feeling a little awkward. This was the first time they actually talked about this and she didn't want to. That's the whole reason she left to avoid all this drama.

"Come on Sam think about it. You can't just ride around on that motorcycle without a place to stay going wherever you want without a plan."

"FREDDY! Come iron your socks." His mom called in the background causing Sam to burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Oh Freddy you're mom still has you by the hands. Don't assume things about me either. As a matter of fact I have a place to stay." She said confidently feeling like she just took control of the conversation.

"Don't laugh! Oh really? I bet you're just saying that to make it seem like you're all hard and bad, we all know that inside you're not tough at all."

"Shut it Benson. Before I shut it for you." Sam was getting angrier and angrier by the second she couldn't take it. She was about to explore her wide-ranging vocabulary until she heard a beep coming from her phone. She took a second to look at her phone. There was a message notification and it was from her cute red headed roommate. It made her smile but it slowly faded as she remembered whom she was talking to. Oh yeah...ugh...I might as well get this over with.

"Sorry about this...actually I'm not but I have better things to do Freddy. So don't call back okay?"

"Sam don't you dare hang-up! You know you want me back. Stop playing hard to get."

"You seriously have some problems mama's boy. Why don't you go and iron you're underwear."

"They're socks! Socks!"

"Ohh even better" she scoffed "Well I have a beautiful red haired girl to get back to...soo as much fun as this has been I've got to go." There was a silence and she smiled satisfied that she had finally shut him up. She could imagine the face on Fred-dorks face right now.

"At least tell me where you are so that I don't worry as much." He said quietly with less confidence in his voice.

"Well if it really matters I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you. I'm in Hollywood and I think I like it." Sam said a little happier. They were actually talking a bit normally now that he wasn't being a jerk.

"Hollywood..." He chuckled. "Good memories there. Do you remember when you took down that puppet in the rap battle?"

"Oh yeah him hm weird puppet guy. He seemed nice but he just made me sick. I had to show him who the real champ was." They began laughing and talked more about the party. It hit her suddenly. She remembered the red hair from the party.