Saul

Male Werewolf x Female Reader

You run deliveries for the bakery and the cafe. You've had your motorcycle fitted with individual side bags so that the food and drinks don't spill or get crushed. Every day, right at one, you made a delivery to the police station. One day, along with the usual order, there was an order for over twenty bacon cheese croissants.

As you walk into the station with your delivery, you set things on the front desk as the secretary goes to fetch the collection. As you're double-checking the order to make sure everything is there, a cop rushes up beside you.

"Is that them?" He grabs the bag full of croissants and grins. "Good! Just in time!"

You look up at him; he's exceptionally tall with gangly limbs and legs that go on forever. He has a sweet baby face but there is a scar on the right side of his face, and he wears an eyepatch. "You aren't going to eat all of those are you?"

His cheeks suddenly turn dark red. "No! They're for the dogs."

"The dogs?" You ask. You look around, knowing over half the police station is werewolves.

"The K-9 unit," he replies.

You almost bust out laughing when you think about the fact the whole police station could be called the K-9 unit.

"They're graduating today," he says. "So I'm throwing them a little party."

"Oh," you giggle. "How many dogs do you have?"

"There's four," he beams, his smile is so bright and sweet. "So we're going to cheat a little on their diet, but they're going to be working hard from now on."

"Oh, of course," you return his smile.

He takes the bag and smiles. "Thanks," he says and walks away.

The secretary comes back. "Where's that big bag?" She asks.

"The dog guy got it," you say as you take the envelope with payment.

"Dog guy?" She arches her brow then laughs, "Oh! You mean Saul. Tall skinny guys?" She asks, raising his hand above her head.

You nod and then place your hand over your right eye like his eyepatch. "He said it was for the graduation party."

She shakes her head. "Good thing he paid for all that." She turns back to answering phones, and you head back out to your motorcycle. You walk by the fence, and you see the four dogs come trouncing out in single file. Saul follows behind them and snaps his finger, and the dogs sit down in a line. He then offers each of then a croissant and takes one for himself. The dog's tails are wagging, and they all look up at him with marvel and awe.

Saul turns and sees you watching. He waves his hand, and you wave back. Your heart is hammering, and your hands feel shaky. What is this? You head back to work to finish all your other deliveries. All the while, you keep picturing Saul and his bright smile. You feel silly, not even when you were in high school did you get all dopey over a boy. Now, you meet some gangly guy, and you're all googly-eyed? No thank you.

The next day as you make the daily delivery to the police station you see Saul sitting at the front desk. He's answering the phone and taking down messages. As you walk up to the front, he turns so suddenly in his chair that his knees hit the filing cabinet and knock him out of his seat.

"Oh no!" You gasp, and you run around the front desk to help him up. "Are you ok?"

He scrambles as he tries to sit up. He takes your hands and huffs. "Oh god, that was humiliating!" He rises and rises and rises as he stands up, towering over you like some skinny tree. His face is bright red as he looks at you.