Daisuke

Female Reader x Male Monster

You've just moved to Hearthway Hollow, which reminds you of something from a quirky movie rather that a town in the middle of the woods. You're working on a local farm run by Beau and Shauna Lila to create a program that teaches sustainable gardening, using their property to create one. Your final environmental studies project required reaching out to several farms and businesses that wanted to be more green, and Lila Farms not only charmed you, but you became friends with Shauna. After graduating, Shauna and her husband Beau extended you an offer to work with them on creating the garden you had written about in your thesis.

You have never gardened on such a scale before. Sure, you've done tiny herb gardens on windowsills and have a staggering collection of succulents, but a massive garden like the Lila Farm could hold was something you only dreamed about.

Beau and Shauna have a couple of tiny houses on their property, so they gave you one to stay in while you worked with them. Most of their staff stay on the premises, so you have quite a few close neighbors.

Daisuke, the one nearest you, has been so helpful in getting you acclimated to your new home. He brings you some food every day, knowing you're planning out the garden and setting up the classes. He's a vegetarian, so a lot of his dishes use the local produce, and it helps get you inspired for your own garden.

Daisuke is in charge of all of Beau's livestock, which include several alpaca, a donkey, five cows, ten sheep, and one ram with the intensity of Tommy Lee Jones. There is also a mess of chickens and ducks who seemed to have the run of the place. Daisuke takes care of all of them like a kindergarten teacher takes care of an unruly classroom. He talks to them like they're people, and is one of the few individuals Remi the Ram actually likes. You've seen Daisuke walking around with a herd of animals trailing behind him; they follow him everywhere he goes as long as he allows it.

One afternoon, you caught him sleeping in the barn with all the chickens and ducks cuddled up to him. Remi guarded the door, staring creepily at you.

"Where did you get that ram?" you ask Beau one day as you're mapping off the garden with bright pink tape.

Beau shrugs. "I don't know. He just showed up one day."

You glance back a Remi, who is still staring at you. "You don't find that weird?" you ask him.

"Any time I question it, Remi appears behind me, so I've just learned to accept it," Beau laughs.

"Need any help?"

You just about jump from your skin. Daisuke comes up behind you, placing his strong hands on your shoulders. He's tall, but then again, almost everyone is taller than you are. Standing at five-foot-nothing, the whole world towers over you.

"We're just getting things for the garden mapped off. That way we can start cultivating when the stormy season passes." Beau dusts off his hands on his shirt.

Daisuke kneels down close to the ground. He jabs his finger into the dirt then licks the tip of his finger. "What are you doing?" You look him over cautiously.

Daisuke gets a serious look on his face. He closes his eyes as his brow furrows deep. "I can tell the future by tasting the earth. It knows everything, sees everything. It is telling me that whatever you plant here will be doomed for the next four generations."

You snap your hands to your waist. "Are you also going to tell me if I chew rocks they'll turn into bubblegum?"

Daisuke looks up at you in awe. "They can?"

You chuckle and shake your head. "Please, don't chew any rocks."

"Daisuke is lucky he's good with animals. Most people don't know how to handle him," Beau laughs, moving along to finish roping off one section of the garden.