Charlie

Female Werewolf x Trans Woman Werewolf

I have to admit, this town seemed like a giant snooze-button at first glance. Everyone seemed so happy and complacent in their little lives. I had never been accepted into a pack that didn't have some sort of constant power struggle going on. Everything in this town seemed so vanilla and saccharine. Sure, it would be a good place to raise my baby brother. But for me? There seemed to be nothing exciting whatsoever. But as Jean, my brother, puts it, that's probably the best thing for me.

We came to this town in a last-ditch effort. We had heard the rumors, all about their specific rituals and how close-knit everyone was. The Alpha of the pack, Adam, heard out your story. Every gritty detail. He knew we were swindlers and con-artists, and sure he may have hesitated a bit when you revealed you'd both been raised in an assassins guild but he knew what we needed. He allowed us into his pack and gave us a place in the town. The local hardware store owner, Big Billy, a real jerk but he was someone who knew about second chances, he had a storefront for rent. As long as we kept up payments and didn't destroy the place he let Jean and I live there and run our business. It was small, but it was the only stable home either one of us had ever had.

Jean was starting school, his first time ever. For most of his life, he had been homeschooled or learned on his own. He was a smart kid, I had no doubts about that. I was mainly concerned that he was going to be picked on. Picked on for being an outcast, a criminal at only sixteen. I also didn't want him getting picked on because of me. A six-foot-something woman who dressed in tailored suits and had a criminal record longer than most of their lifespans.

"If anyone says anything at all to you-" I start as I take him up to the school.

"Charlie, I know," Jean scoffs. "I'm fine. This place is pretty weird. I'm probably normal in comparison."

I sigh and my shoulders slouch. "Forgive me if I worry. I forget you're not the six-year-old crying because the frogs on the TV were getting eaten."

He scowls a little bit as you walk into the school. I have a few more papers to sign and Jean will be starting his first class. As I walk into the school building I walk past a woman wearing a flouncy pink dress with a floral pattern. Her hair is curly and her eyes are massive and green. She's very cute, extremely cute. I can feel my cheeks burn as she walks past with a line of children behind her. She looks up at me and I almost melt. How dare someone be that sinfully cute and not let me eat them? She smiles and I can feel the earth move from under me.

"Charlie," Jeans snaps at me and yanks my hand. "You can eyefuck the staff later. I kind of need you right now."

"I wasn't eye-fucking her!" I snap back.

After finishing up the paperwork and meeting with the principal I head back out to the store. I then smell it, the scent of crayons and coconut hand cream with a touch of rose water. I see her, she's stepping out of a room and now has an apron on. She looks up, seeing me and she waves.

"Good morning," she says. Her voice is surprisingly husky and deep, she sounds like a torch singer. I love her.

"Good morning," I say, feeling my insides jump around. I smile at her as we cross paths, she stops in front of me and wipes her hands on the apron.

"You must be new," she holds her hand out to me. "I'm Sofia, I teach kindergarten as well as the after-school programs."

Her hand is so soft as I take it into mine. Mine have calluses and scars from years of sewing and scissors and also a few fights. Ok, a lot of fights. "I was just dropping off my baby brother. He's starting at the high school today."