Elle the Homunculus

Gender Neutral Monster x Female Reader

"What's a girl like you want with parts like this?" The man in black asks as he hands off the package to you.

You just smile and shrug, "you know women, we're a mystery." You hold the heavy package in your arms, squeezing it tight before you turn and disappear the way you came. You reappear back in your home, the fire flickering to life and the lights turning on as you huff and cart the package over to your work table. You pull up the cart and unwrap the package, a left leg and arm wrapped up inside. You smile excitedly as you prepare them as the operating table lowers down from the ceiling. It lands with a soft thud and you pull back the cloth over top, staring down at your creation.

"It'll be soon," you pet their face and then plant a soft kiss to their cold lips.

It has taken you months, much longer than you expected to find all the pieces you needed. Finding the interior workings was the shockingly easy part, but limbs were something much more complicated. You've worked yourself to exhaustion bringing your creation into existence. With these last two pieces, you hope you can finally breathe life into them.

You stitch the arm on first, careful and with steady hands, you eyes flicking up to their face occasionally. Their body is patchwork, pure and simple. Different colors and patterns making up one lovely body, at least lovely to you. You've put so much love and patience into your creation, you feel as if you won't survive should you not succeed.

You finish the arm and then fetch the hand you've been saving, excited to at least have matching hands. That was a miracle in its own right. You finish that, fidgeting each finger and rubbing the center of the palm before you start work on sewing on the leg.

You note the thigh is thicker than the other one, much more muscular. "Oh well, you'll be a little uneven for a while," you sigh as you stitch the hip up.

It's been a family tradition in your family to bring life to these Patchwork Creations. Your mother taught you everything she knew, an art passed from her mother and her mother and so on. The women created their perfect mate, sharing their life force with them, and together they live long happy lives. Dying together the happiest fate of all.

You finish up the last stitch and you sigh, resting your cheek on the operating table and closing your eyes for a moment. You wanted to continue and finish the ritual, to breathe life into your creation, it was late though, and you were exhausted from the day of tracking down the new limbs.

You pull the covers up and kiss them again, "first thing in the morning," you whisper into their chilled ear. "See you tomorrow." You cover them completely and raise the table back to the ceiling.

You huff, trudging about as you take a bath and slide into bed. You dream of your creation, imagining their smile, the purposefully crooked smile you gave them. Their eyes bright yellow as they look at you. Their lips warm and soft as they kiss you happily and wrap their strong arms around you. You made them a little shorter than you. You've always had a thing for shorties. You kiss the top their head and run your fingers through their long hair, listening to them murmur against your chest.

You've been so excited for this day, to breathe life into them and finally have someone to share your days with. Your house has been empty since your roommate moved out, then again, she had her own tradition to complete.

You wake up and excitedly run downstairs, eating a quick breakfast and then lowering the operating table. You bounce anxiously as it lowers and then you stare in fright, seeing the sheet is raised up, your creation already sitting upright on the table.