Chapter 19

Rederick carried me all the way to the main mansion. I immediately fell asleep as soon as I lie down in bed. I thought, everything is going to be okay but as soon as I wake up I saw Rederick sleeping on the sofa.

He probably taught I was going to run away again. I made him and everyone worried, I guess.

"Reyana," I flinched. I didn't notice that he's already awake.

"Why did you sleep here?" I asked him.

"You must be hungry. I am going to call the maid so you can wash up. After that, let's go have breakfast."

I sighed when he didn't answer my question. It doesn't matter sinceI already know the answer.

Lanie went inside my chambers as soon as he walks out. She hurridly helped me wash up. She didn't say anything but it's obvious that she's worried about me. I guess, everyone knew.

I wore an elegant blue dress with a ribbon on my waist. She put my hair on a braid, she also put a blue ribbon on it. When I come out of the room, Rederick...I mean my father is still there. Don't tell me, he's waiting for me.

"You're waiting for me, why?" I asked. That question is stupid indeed. I know the reason, I always knew their reasons.

He didn't answer, he instead carry me all the way to the dinning room. The food is already there. All my favorite food are here, now, I am getting hungry.

"You should eat a lot," he said. I am going to even if he didn't say that.

"Thanks for the food!" I happily said.

"Eat slowly. It's all yours."

I wished he always have that calm and fatherly tone. But he rarely does that. Isn't a cold hearted, tyrant Dad is a quite popular novel and manhwa trend these days? I did remember that he's really on that side. Definitely not the sweet type of man.

"Daddy. You need to eat too!" I said because I noticed that he's not eating. The food is too much for me.

"Reyana. Do you really want to learn magic?" He asked.

"You said I don't have any power," I mumbled. It was an act obviously.

"We have a magician here, he could test you if you want," he said looking defeated.

"Really? Thank you daddy!" I almost jumped in excitement. So, I don't have to look for the magician. My life as the Duke's daughter is starting to get easy.

"I will anything you want. Just don't run away again," he said.

"I won't run away, " I argued.

"Then why you ended up in that place?" He asked.

"I wanted to see that place. It's burned daddy, what happened?" I asked but he didn't answer. He patted my head.

And I knew for some reason, it wasn't an accident. Someone deliberately burned that mansion.

"You don't have to think about it," he said.

Now, it made curious about what happened to that place and the those people.