Chapter 12: Dating

A/N: Hello! I hope you're all doing well. This chapter includes the CEO and his brother. I've tried to outline them clearly as there seemed to be some confusion. Thank you all for enjoying my story and for constantly reaching out to me. It means the world 💞

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

Things changed the minute that kiss happened, you could sense it swirling in the air like an unspoken whisper that remained a secret between you both. His hand was on your thigh, a hot beacon that called for all your thoughts. He had turned the car around earlier with an excuse of whatever he had to show you could wait.

You didn't think much of it as most of your thoughts were directed towards the fact that you just made out with your BOSS. Not just any guy but the guy who signed your pay checks. Way to go, Y/N. This felt so wrong on so many levels. The panic arose as you started to overthink and jump a few steps into the whole 'what if' scenarios.

What if things didn't work out? Would you have to quit your dream job? Would you have to move back to your small town and work a dead end job at the printers? It was always the employee who had the most to lose in these types of situations.  The disappointment in yourself was staggering and it made it hard to breath. But a part of you wanted to explore whatever this was. This foreign feeling that hurt as much as it felt good. The excitement of a crush was one you had denied yourself since you were a teen. You had to focus on following your dream and falling in love was not on the list.

It was like he could feel you pull away when his grip on your thigh tightened. "Don't do that, Y/N."

"Do what?"

"Draw back from me."

In that moment, you really hated how perceptive he was. "I wasn't."

He snorted as if he didn't believe you but remained facing forward. "I bet my whole net worth that you were thinking about what's gonna happen if we don't work out."

You glared and crossed your arms. "It's not fair."

"What's not fair?"

"You're hot and smart."

"You think I'm hot?" You could hear the confidence in his voice.

"Shut up and continue driving."

Being back at work felt surreal even though it was a mundane part of your daily schedule. But so much was different...you were different and it showed. Your coworkers have been complimenting you all day and you've been smiling and thanking them, you wondered if they would react the same way if they knew the reason why.

You mostly avoided each other unless you had to discuss things for work but the looks he would give you when nobody was watching or the way he would purposefully make sure his fingers would touch yours when he handed you documents was driving you crazy so you decided to do something crazier.

You've seen this happen plenty of times in the movies so it couldn't be that hard right? You walked up to the cleaning closet and went inside, leaving the door open a crack, hoping your boss would walk by any second since his office was down the hall.

You took a deep breath as you waited, the excitement making you even more nervous and held back a giggle or two. Finally, his office door opened and he walked out, probably heading to lunch. Just as he almost passed by, you opened the door wide, looked both ways, and dragged him into the closet with you.

"What are you doing?" He asked, watching you act like a manic to ensure that nobody saw him enter the closet.

Satisfied, you shut the door and gently shoved him against the shelves. "Please kiss me."